Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

Weird intermittent issues with 07 Sonata V6 3.3

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2020, 05:34 PM
Default Weird intermittent issues with 07 Sonata V6 3.3

I’ve had this vehicle for about 8 months now, I got it with 114,000 miles. The CHECK ENGINE light does not glow, but there is a stored code for I believe a P2422 (valve stuck close) I have replaced said stuck valve 3 times now and am still having issues filling it up with gas and code comes back even after erasing the code. Another issue I am having is that while I’m driving sometimes my A/C will turn off intermittently as well as when my heater is on. Sometimes when I press my brakes my Air Blower turns off or dims to where it’s barely blowing any type of air, once I let off brakes it will slowly come back.(my lights do not dim) Any help would be appreciated! I am mechanically inclined!

Old 05-02-2020, 06:36 PM

I cannot say without looking at a schematic diagram for your vehicle . What we need to know is how power and ground are shared with the affected functions.

What you can do is to check for clean and tight ground connections. Certain ones are probably acceptable since you don't have more problems.
I have to ask if you are filling the gas tank to the very top when refueling. If so, the can of worms has been opened. the vapor management system is only designed to handle gasoline vapors and when the system gets overfilled the charcoal canister that is supposed to capture only vapor now gets flooded with liquid and sends charcoal granules through the vapor and vent system and plugs openings and passages.. The other thing is ,the vent system needs to be checked to make sure it is not plugged .If you choose , I would suggest you do some homework on how the Evaporative Emission System functions so you can verify the system is capable of doing it's job.