Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

WOULD SONATA OWNERS BUY ANOTHER HYUNDAI

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: WOULD SONATA OWNERS BUY ANOTHER HYUNDAI

ORIGINAL: stingray69
Will check out the new Concept car with the V8 when it comes out.
Did you know it will come out as a large sedan and also as a coupe (replacing the Tiburon)? At least that's what I hear.

Old 06-29-2007, 09:26 AM

No, the new tiburon is in development

V6 300 hp RWD-

Old 07-17-2007, 09:57 PM

I would without a doubt. My 2005 Sonata is actually my second Hyundai; my first was a 2001 Elantra GT, and I've had no problems with either.

I don't know for sure that my next car will be a Hyundai, but I will most certainly purchase another.

Old 07-22-2007, 09:26 PM

I would DEFINITELY buy another Sonata----I love the car I have---My 2006 LX is simply spectacular (so far anyway---after reading some of the posts here, I am a bit worried however!)

For the money---my car is simply an outstanding value!

Old 07-29-2007, 12:54 PM

Hi all,

New to the forum but not to Hyundai. I have owned a 1996 Sonata (sold), 2000 Elantra (owned) and a 2006 Sonata (leased).

Would I "buy" another Hyundai? No. Then again, I wouldn't buy any other new car either. As my forum username implies, I am not mechanical by any means (not yet anyway). However, I know when a car has problems. I agree with the poster who said that every manufacturer and model has some lemons but I believe that Hyundai has more than the average because of poor quality control. With that said, what are you expecting for a such a cheaply priced car? A Mercedes?

My lease is on it's second year with 14.5k miles. Already I can hear some thunping in the fornt suspension that should not be there. Nothing I have to fix right now but if I were to own it, you can bet that I would be repairing something in the next year that I wouldn't have to with a different brand with better quality control.

Still, Hyundais have been good to me.

The '96 Sonata with 100k plus miles on it is still running arround for the guy I solf it to without any major work required. The '00 Elantra has lived through 2 accidents and 70k miles without any major work on it (besides changing the damaged parts in the accidents). This latest Sonata, I'm not so sure of but then again, I don't care all that much since I am handing in the keys next year and deciding if I want to lease again or if the classes for wrenching have taken me far enough to own a used car that I can make worth the money.

One thing you can't beat is how Hyundai has done what most of us always talked about as young kids - if only that car had a Honda accord rear end, Nissan Altima mid-styling and a Toyota Camry front end ... then it would like like a new Sonata.

Lexus *ahem* I mean "Veracruz" anyone?

Felix

Old 10-19-2007, 09:41 PM

Yes! Our 05 just rolled over 30,000 miles, only problem has been a loose wire on the dome light. Probably replace my old Dodge with a Tucson next.....

John

Old 11-05-2007, 08:54 AM

HELL YEAH I WOULD. I have a 2006 Sonata with 30,000 miles on it and it's the best car I have ever owned. It's fast, smooth, easy to work on etc. If you keep up with maintenence, and don't beat the crap out of it when you drive it, it won't fail you.

Sheri

Old 11-08-2007, 05:50 PM

I love my sonata my only complant was an oil leak and that the dealer didn't give me the keyless entry remotes.. ?? do all sonatas come with keyless entry??

Old 11-22-2007, 12:10 PM

Definitely :-)

Old 11-25-2007, 09:07 AM

Most definitely!!!! I bought a 2006 GLS LX in July '06 and travel a lot. Currently hav 33,000 miles and the only issue has been from a mechanic installing a replacement wiper blade wrong. I keep up the regular maintenance on it and absolutely LOVE it. I also recommend it to others all the time. Great looks, acceleration, comfort and overall quiet. So quiet that at times I have to look at the tach to see if I've already started it. Those few that I've allowed to drive it also comment on how much they like it.

No car is perfect for everyone but this one is for me.

Quick Reply: WOULD SONATA OWNERS BUY ANOTHER HYUNDAI