Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

WOULD SONATA OWNERS BUY ANOTHER HYUNDAI

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 10:12 AM
Default RE: WOULD SONATA OWNERS BUY ANOTHER HYUNDAI

You what's funny, and I'm not making this up - I'm noticing that people who are driving by me and they have a new Accord, Camry, or Altima - whether they're stopped behind me at a traffic light or driving past me - they seem to be checking out my Sonata, looking at it as if they're questioning whether they spent way too much more money on their cars. Hard to say, but that's the vibe I'm getting. I'm certainly not jealous of their monthly payment compared to mine!!!

Old 05-21-2008, 04:25 PM

NEVER AGAIN....I have an 06 sonata with 60,000 miles and have had no mechanical problems but the visours wont stay up, there is wind noise on the passenger side window, a rattle in the front windshield, the paint sucks, and its slow as hell. its a decent car but i wouldnt buy another one.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:17 PM

Yes. Am planning to lease the new Elantra for my daughter. This car got rave reviews from many pros, incl. Consumer Reports.

Old 05-24-2008, 07:57 PM
dgs

ORIGINAL: Arizona Sonata
NEVER AGAIN....I have an 06 sonata with 60,000 miles and have had no mechanical problems...
That was all I needed to hear. The rest of the stuff you complain about is normal after 60K miles. Sure, no one likes dealing with annoying rattles, but the most important thing is did the car leave you stranded or have major repair bills for mechanical problems. That's how Honda and Toyota have built their reps, by having mechanically perfect cars, but not cars that are perfect. Big distinction. Go to any Honda or Toyota forum and they complain about the same crap, weak paint, excessive rattles, wind noise, and it being slower than thought it was (don't you people test drive before you buy?) etc. If you are trying to buy a car for under $25K with no problems whatsoever, you might as well go try to find a needle in a haystack, because you'll have better luck.

As for me, to answer the OP's original question, "yes!" Even in the short time I've owned my 09 V6 Limited it's easily the best car I've ever owned. I haven't owned that many cars, but it's by far the best. I'm still in disbelief I got car that rides this quiet, this safe, fuel efficient, and with this many luxury features (mine has the navigation system), for $26,000 ($1,000 off from Hyundai rebate plus an addition $500 off from dealership). Cars with this many features typically sticker for $30,000 or more. The thing is, I didn't buy my car because I had to due to financial constraints, I bought it because I wanted to. Even if the car were $30,000 I would have bought it over an Accord, Altima, Camry, or Malibu. The fact it's ~$4,000 less expensive comparably equipped was just icing on the cake for me.

Old 05-25-2008, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator

People just like to complain. I don't know why people expect perfectionfrom cars. And just for the record, Toyotas and Hondas aren't prefect either. They can have rattles and have problems after 60K miles.

If the visors don't stay up, why didn't you go to the dealer to fix them before 60K miles?

Old 05-29-2008, 02:49 PM

I have had my 06 Sonata for about two weeks now. I love my car and my wife always wants to drive it. It has a sporty look to it, gets much better MPG than my old 4Runner, and still has a lot of room. If the car holds up, I will definitely buy another.

Ryan[8D]

Old 03-31-2009, 08:26 PM
Default I'd recommend Sonata

Our 3-year least on an 06 Sonata is almost up, and if we didn't need a bigger car for our growing family, we'd stay with the Sonata. Our is only a 4-cylinder but it's peppy and feels like a little sports car. Even with the small engine, it's much more responsive than similar cars I've driven. We had to take it to the dealer twice early on because the CD player was a lemon, but they didn't give up until it was fixed. We noticed the wind noise around the driver-side window starting about 9 months into the lease, but that's small potatoes. At 38K right now, and it drives like a charm.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:46 PM

Never!!!

Old 04-06-2009, 02:18 PM
Default Yes, I did get another one.....two actually!

I traded in an 04 Elantra GT with 45,000 miles on it and it was mechanically as good as any car I've ever owned (most of these other vehicles costing much more)! Just oil changes and regular maintenance, and it was a great little commuter car, which is what I bought it for.

The family has grown, so we got two 09 Sonata GLS's for my wife and I. We have only had them a couple of weeks, but so far, the only issue noted is that one of them has a rattle at the base of the rear window at "highway crusing speeds". I'll wait a few weeks before I take it back to have that looked at, just to see if anything else comes up.

The other new Sonata is flawless.....to the best of our knowledge!

I look forward to reading/hearing how others make out with their Hyundai's on this board.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:58 AM
Question

yes i have two now a 03 with the 2.7 v6 with only 35000 miles on it.no problems except brakes and rotters feels good driving mor solid feel than the o6but poor gas milige.i also have an 06 with the 3.3 v6 great milige terrfic pickup good handling all around.had to replace both brakes an rottors at 30000 miles the only problem i have had with it is a grinding noise comming from the front right wheel i think but only when the car is put in reverse.but when i take it to a dealer it dosent do it.it is off and on.

Quick Reply: WOULD SONATA OWNERS BUY ANOTHER HYUNDAI