Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

clutch adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 07:25 PM
Default clutch adjustment

i was wondering if theres any way i can adjust my clutch pedal its to high up

Old 03-28-2010, 09:19 PM

Hydraulic clutch release... adjust the rod at the pedal to get rid of all the pedal jiggle/slop of the rod between pedal and cup of the piston in the clutch mater... too tight and you can hold piston in and fluid cannot return to master as pedal released...

Loose jiggly pedal is lost fluid movement to release clutch, that bad... hard to put in gear, disc dragged by flywheel on 1 side, and pressure plate on other..

Beyond that, if adjusted, if clutch starts to hook up with pedal up a good ways, disc is getting thin (friction material), so start saving for clutch assembly in the coming future.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:49 PM

I adjusted mine on my 06 Elantra with a 5 speed.

I have always dis-liked the cars high grab point on the clutch (it grabs right at the end of the pedal).

So I adjusted it under the dash (there is a rod from the firewall, and a loop which connects to the pedal. By loosening the 2 nuts, you can adjust the distance of the loop on the rod).

This helped a lot. But still I notice that the actual full "clutch engagement point" in these cars is still quite high on the pedal. Meaning that the clutch starts to grab normally (about 1" from the floor), but engages fully quite late (about 2" from the end of travel), making it pretty annoying when trying to speed up quick.

I guess, I will simply need to live with this - just the way the hydraulic system works in this car. oh well.