Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

A couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Default A couple questions

Just like the title of the post says I have a few questions.

So I have had my Tiburon for 3 years now its a 2000 and I have never had any troubles until recently. I was reading this post https://www.hyundaiforum.com/m_13376/tm.htm which described pretty much what my car is doing as well. Well I hooked it up to something to read the computer in the car and it came back with these two. Throttle Position Sensor and Mass Airflow Sensor. The only thing I have done to my car was put in a Injenz cold air intake. I know nothing about cars so I was wondering if it would be something that I could fix on my own? Also I am wanting to start to modify my car and was wondering whats all the steps I should take to get it ready I want to put in a turbo. Thanks for taking time to read this post.

Old 04-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: A couple questions

If you know nothing about cars, then take it to someone who does. If yours is doing the same thing her's was and you got the same codes then replacing the TPS like she did will probably solve your problem.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:13 PM

ya well i am replacing my tps and crankshaft throttle postioning sensor this thursday which it 4/10/08 and its doing the exact same thing u are saying but the difference is that mine doesnt start so i will be posting on my topic whether or not it works [&o]

https://www.hyundaiforum.com/m_13651/tm.htm

Old 04-09-2008, 07:50 AM

dude, if you're somewhat mechanical and can use logical thinking, you can replace these two sensors yourself. The TPS is on the throttle body, if you do a search on the net, you should find a picture of it, it is usually a simple 1 plug senosrwith two screws, i haven't looked at mine, but i will at my break and make sure. MAF is the blackround unit with wires coming off it that is infront of your injen CAI. Both these items are abundant on ebay, you can buy a brand new one if you plan on keeping the car for a while or just buy a used one.
If i get the time, i will do a search and try to find some pictures and more info, but basically if you can use a screw driver or a wrench, you should be able to do this. just depends on how confident you are in yourself.

Old 04-09-2008, 05:53 PM

Hey thanks for the help guys. If its something that you know I dont have to like rip out a lot of parts yea I think I could do it. I plan on keeping my car for a good time probably until it stops working.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator

Neither of them arethat difficult to replace. The TPS sensor is on the throttle body. It is the sensor with the wire connector. Disconnect the wires and usually 2 screws to remove the sensor. The MAF is in the air intake tube and held in with 2 clamps. Remove the wires. Loosen the clamps and slide the MAF out of each half of the intake tube.