Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

Dash lights and right tail lights not working!! help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 09:32 AM

Can you tell me what the BCM controls? My daughter's 03 Tiburon infinity stero did not show the lights so she had a new faceplate put on. Now some dash lights and the right rear light are out. Could it be this?

Old 02-23-2009, 12:18 PM
Banned

BCM stands for Body Control Module. It is possible the dash lights and the tail lights are related, but I would try to change the tail light bulb first. Switch the left one with the right one just to test.

If the tail light bulb is just burnt out, then all the better.

Next, who did the faceplate on the radio? Was it a commercial shop? If so, I would take it back to them. It might be a loose wire, but if they shorted the BCM and burnt it, then they are responsible. You are supposed to remove the negative battery cable off the battery before you start to work on the electronics on a modern car, just so you don't burn the electronics like that.

So a few questions for you to answer.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jsinton
Next, who did the faceplate on the radio? Was it a commercial shop?
More info here: https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=5836
Originally Posted by allegrettim
My daughter has a 03 Tiburon. She purchased a radio faceplate to replace the Infinity one that was not showing digital channels. It was installed by a friend of hers. After it was done some of the dash lights and lights for the console do not work. Also her right rear light is out. Anything I can look at? Fuses?
However, it sounds like the car has multiple electrical "issues":

Bad alarm: https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=5265

Bad Horn: https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=5587

Old 02-24-2009, 06:44 AM

Its not the bulb and I told my daughter to have a qualified installer do it but you know kids they do not listen. Well this most likely will cost her more money than a qualified installer would have done it correctly the first time.

Thanks for the info

Old 03-12-2011, 11:48 PM

i had the same problem when i installed my in dash player.. after 2 warnings and a repair order i searched everywhere on the internet.. the culprit turned out to be the tail-rh fuse .. once i replaced the 10 fuse everything lit back up and works fine.... now on to the dc sport ceramic headers

Old 03-28-2019, 11:54 AM
Default Idk if this is your problem but if someone took apart your dash this may be.

These plugs were reversed black plug was in the ESC button and the green plug was in the black no button holder. Hope this helps someone.