Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

Deciding on a car

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 02:16 AM
Default RE: Deciding on a car

do not buy hyundai!!!
i have 92 honda civic 258k runs like a champ and 98 tiburon whith only 87k and i put a new trany and a bunch of other new things

Old 03-28-2008, 11:08 AM

i have an 01 tiburon. sunroof problems? mine works, it needs to be oiled but it works fine, although the wheater stripping needs to be replaced. Only serious problem was the clutch, got that fixed and its been great. Rutine maint. is all you need to do with a tiburon. And depending on the milage of the tiburon you're looking at, ask about the timing belt. If it hasn't been replaced, ask them to do it, or get it done. That is the only draw back to a tiburon, it has a zero tollerance motor and if that timing belt snaps, say good bye to all your valves among other things. They are good cars,i never thought i'd be happy with one, but i've been proved wrong, 100K+ on mine

Old 03-28-2008, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: simeon_ruse

do not buy hyundai!!!
i have 92 honda civic 258k runs like a champ and 98 tiburon whith only 87k and i put a new trany and a bunch of other new things
You bought a 10 year old car with an unknown history. Maybe the previous owner(s) didn't take very good care of it. You can't blame Hyundai if the previous owner was at fault. Maybe your Honda was taken better car of by its previous owner(s).

Old 03-28-2008, 07:05 PM

oh, and on the 01's, at least mine, the head lights suck, i have to have the fog lights on to see anything, even with blue halogens in both fogs and head lights, i've tryed adjusting them and what not and it is all the same. brights are great though, lol. test drive the car at night so you can see for yourself

Old 03-30-2008, 06:06 PM

In spite of the problem I am currently having with my 06/ V6..I absolutely love it and yes I have had two Honda's..Honda is a good car too.. I have driven mine (Home Health Nurse) since Christmas 06, without ANY problems..I have everything in mine sun roof. .leather seats, nice wheels..nice stereo.. It is a sharp/fun ride .. My first car was a VW, which I also loved.. Tiburon's are unique, tho.. The gas mileage is not that bad @ all..Suzi