Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

Front wheel bareing

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 02:46 AM
Default Front wheel bareing

I have a 2001 Tib, and the left front wheel bareing is shot to hell. Its grinding like crazy for the last week or so. Im wondering how hard, or easy it is to fix. I do not have the cash to spend on taking it to the dealer or anywhere else for that matter.
The price of the bareing alone from Napa is 40 bucks. Which is fine for me.

I want to know if its a easy job or am I gonna run into a massive headache?

Any help would be greatly needed.

Old 04-23-2006, 04:02 PM
Default RE: Front wheel bareing

well it can be a major ball ache as you have to remove the complete hub and press out the old bearing . but here goes... first remove wheel, then undo the brake caliper and move to one side, undo retaining screw for brake disc and remove the disc, pop both the track rod and bottom ball joints off, if you have abs dont remove the sensor from the hub .(you will not get it out without damaging it. instead trace wire up to inner wing and disconnect plug)undo and remove bolts holding hub to suspesion leg. now undo drive shaft nut and remove complete hub assembly. now you have to press out the center spindle ,once this is out remove the snap ring from hub and press out bearing. to fit bearing is the reverse of removal. all this sounds easy but believe me its not and its best if you have a press to use.