Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

Please respond quickly!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Please respond quickly!

I don't have a MT, so I may be off base here, but the thing that people remove, I thought, was an orifice that restricts flow of the hydraulic clutch fluid. The spring I think can stay out too, as it only holds the orifice in place, but if you remove the spring and not the little piece with the orifice, you still will have funky clutch activation.

I think I can dig up more information on this if you need me to; just let me know.

Old 05-25-2007, 04:53 PM

Doohickie,

You are correct that there is a little black piece that comes out with the spring. I should have been more clear. It causes a flow restriction in the fluid (dot 4 brake fluid) enabling the clutch to engage and disengage more slowly thus causing more wear and tear. There is actually a DIY in the DIY section on NewTiburon.com for anyone who is interested in this mod (appologies if this "link" to another forum is not allowed.)A garage or dealer should be able to toit for around $40-50 bucks ifyou are not comfortable doing the work yourself. However, I suggest putting in your own reseach before attempting any such modification.

Thank you for catchingmy omittanceand moderating counter productive posts.

Iaidoka.

Old 05-25-2007, 06:23 PM

ORIGINAL: moonz

deleted
What is it that you keep deleting??
You have me curious as to what your doing...

WheelBroker1

Old 05-26-2007, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator

moonz sent me a PM indicating he is resigning from the forum "as a content provider".

It started when he took exception to vosser's sigfile which says, "service advisor at Elhart Dodge, Nissan, Hyundai". moonz said something like that service advisor wasn't accurate; that vosser is, well, something worse. So I made Post 12 asking him to refrain from namecalling in accordance with forum rules. He took exception to that and left. I tried to send him a PM to discuss it, but he has disabled PMs. I tried to send him an email, but the email address he provided, moonz@yahoo.com, not a valid email address.

I was kind of disturbed when I first read his PM, but since he doesn't want to talk about it, there's not much I can do to try to make things right with him.

Moving on...