Hyundai Tucson The second offering in the compact SUV market from Hyundai.

2010 Tucson Moonroof problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 11:53 PM
Default 2010 Tucson Moonroof problem

Hi, I'm Jon. I am new to here as I am a Hyundai owner as of Wednesday. I basically know nothing about cars except that I have one, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just traded in my 2003 Dodge Durango SXT and bought a 2010 Hyndai Tucson Limited. I have never had a vehicle with so many gadgets and extras! I test drove it and tried everything out and as far as I saw, all was good.

When I first tried the moonroof it opened quick and smoothly. When it closed, it was a bit slow and sounded like it was slowing down the closer it got to closing. I have never had or experienced a power moonroof so I didn't think anything of it. As far as I was concerned, it opens and closes.

Its nice out tonight so I openned it and drove home. When I got home, it started to close but again slowed down as it went. About half way there, it opened back up again. This kept happening but it wasn't always in the same spot. I checked to make sure there was nothing blocking the tracks that the sensor might have picked up. All was clear. There is no sound like something might be broken, it just sounds like it is slowing down and then shoots back open. I had to help pull it to close all the way (it was about to rain, I had no choice).

I have a 2 year powertrain warranty, but from what I understand from the paperwork this would not be covered. I am away from home and the dealer I bought it at for a couple of days and was hoping someone may have an idea of what it is, and if so, what it might cost to fix it. The first thing to pop into my mind was the motor, but I have no idea what so ever.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks