Engine Stalled one too many times - Page 2 - Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Tucson The second offering in the compact SUV market from Hyundai.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:21 PM

Default Intermittent stalling with no code

try looking at the crank sensor, access under neath center . remove the sensor and examine the sensor leads (wires). there is an exhaust part next to it and the heat damages the wires. there was no codes. the new sensor has a greatly improved heavier wiring lead that will be much more heat resistant
Old 06-23-2013, 04:12 AM

I have a Tucson 2008 2.7 V6. The problem I have is lately when I steer left or right the vehicle stalls and I will have to restart the car. This is intermittent and does not happen all the time, on one occasion the ESP light briefly flashed. Can anyone help me or lead me in the right direction?
Old 02-09-2015, 03:01 PM

Got this Hyundai Tucson Elite, 2005. It (the stalling of engine) started happening intermittently. Experienced it again last night when I was slowly doing a left turn. Has no steering wheel control. Has to set everything to park (hand brake and parking brake), turn off the engine and restart it. It's really a bit scary!
Old 05-12-2018, 10:38 PM

I have tucson 2005 GLS v6. I have same issue as yours. it stalls at low speed. if you keep pressing gas paddle it wont stall. being said put in neutral/park and press gass paddle to keep more than 3000 rpm.
i brought to canadian tire. paid $400 with no solution . they said there is no code. may need mass air control sensor. they cleaned throttle . i took it to local mechanic with a hope after. he said it may need a new battery. he installed new battery and cleaned headlights for no reason. he charged me 300 dollars.
finally i went to the dealer. they said it needs crank sensor . they changed for 325. stalled again. again dealer said need tps sensor. changed for 195. then idle air control $175. bought mass air sensor $124. still stall spent over 1500. bought code reader, current reader.no luck. now throwing it in scrap yard. no one one the problem. everyone has different view. it doesnt worth spending more on this car. no one want to buy this scrap even for $500. such a waste of time and money