Hyundai Tucson The second offering in the compact SUV market from Hyundai.

Rear SubFrame Recall ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 11:28 AM
Default How?

Originally Posted by John Nelson
Yes it is AWD and picked it up from the local dealer last night. They replaced the entire rear sub-frame and and all 4 rear arms. Covered under warranty. Felling lucky and grateful. A new frame was $800 from the dealer and the arms would have been another $400 easy. So I'm guessing a $2000 warranty claim. Drives great again. We are in NY and the 2nd owner. The original owner also lived in NY with LOTS of salt
How did you get Hyundai to cover this? Where is this located in the recalls? What is the backdoor? I have an 2006 Tucson with a hole in the rear passenger subframe. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Old 05-24-2019, 10:26 AM

Yes it is AWD and picked it up from the local dealer last night. They replaced the entire rear sub-frame and and all 4 rear arms. Covered under warranty. Felling lucky and grateful. A new frame was $800 from the dealer and the arms would have been another $400 easy. So I'm guessing a $2000 warranty claim. Drives great again. We are in NY and the 2nd owner. The original owner also lived in NY with LOTS of salt

Hello John,

I'm also interested in how you found this backdoor warranty. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bill

Old 06-03-2019, 08:13 PM

Is a subframe same as a rear cradle

Old 08-02-2019, 10:52 AM

I just filed this complaint on the NTHSA site:

Hyundai Tucson 2007 159,020 miles
"Complete rusting out of rear subframe assembly and attached components that resulted in failure of this component to allow me to maintain proper control of vehicle. The rear end of my Tucson began to sway violently. I searched the internet for this issue and saw that Hyundai did have a recall for the rust out of this component on certain vehicles and that other Tucson owners have had this issue. I took it to a Hyundai dealership, they submitted pictures and an estimate to Hyundai. Hyundai refuses to repair the rear suspension. They know this is an issue with these components during these years."

The Hyundai dealer told me it would cost around 5K for the repair, lots of torching to get the parts off. I am going to price out everything myself and see if Midas will put everything on, they deal with rusted on components all the time otherwise if the parts are too expensive, I'll scrap it.If you are going to purchase a Hyundai Tucson, make sure to inspect the rear suspension and underbody, if there is any rust DO NOT BUY IT. There is a Hyundai recall for a rust prevention treatment that can be helpful prior to getting the rust.

Search Youtube for the 19 second video "Hyundai rear subframe error", this is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS.

Old 10-13-2023, 12:24 PM
Default Rusted out frame

Spoiler

Old 04-14-2024, 11:44 AM
Default 2006 Tuson sub frame. Help Please

Being in the car business I did inspect the car and while there was some rust on the subframe it passed the hammer test with flying colors. To tell me buyer beware was a bit presumptuous if you asked me. All I was doing was looking for an answer to my question not a judgement as to my buying procedures thank you. FYI a phone call to Hyundai USA found a "backdoor" warranty to have the repair covered and is at the dealer now. I will update again once the vehicle is back in my possession.
I also bought one of these cars and I’m 63 yrs old and disabled and can’t get on the ground but I can get up lol but anyway I had this car 8 months and wow am I lucky because God Truly took the wheel ♥️💯 I’m so upset about this and when I took it to the corner shop I’d never thought about something so dangerous being wrong w it so my answer was a big No 😂 they wouldn’t look any further and charged me 70$ for a inspection so please could you possibly give me sum direction I need a direction to find this warranty that will cover this so I could fix it I’ve got to much money for it just sitting in front of my house I’d just spent 90 plus on plugs … thank you Rexanna