Hyundai Veloster The new sporty 3-door hatchback with unique styling and modern technology.

2015 Turbo Front bumper repair Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2020, 04:17 PM
Default 2015 Turbo Front bumper repair Help!

Hey guys, I知 pretty new to the community (2 weeks since I got my manual 2015 Veloster Turbo) and today when I walked over to where my car was parked... my front bumper was ripped clean off and left laying on the ground. The passenger side fender has a nice dent on it. So I知 assuming some a**hole hit the fender and ripped the bumper clean off.
The real kicker is that I just have liability on my insurance (I was waiting to save a couple more bucks to upgrade it, since I just had spent money on buying the car) so my insurance doesn稚 cover this. Today I went to a couple of body shops and the rough average of the quotes were around 1.5 - 2.5k ( for a new fender, new bumper, grill and paint) The screws/nuts that are molded in the bumper were ripped right off... So I知 completely screwed on that end.
My question is ... should I go with and after market bumper/grill ? Should I just Jerry rig this until I save up the 2grand? Should I go to a less reputable body shop and get the bumper I already have fixed? Any suggestions? I知 just pissed off right now and in need of any advice from you guys! Thank you so much for taking the time and reading all of this.
PS... Don稚 leave your car parked in a Philly street

Old 08-11-2020, 11:57 PM

How bad is the bumper ripped? I would buy the parts from a junkyard, sometimes you can get them in the correct color already. I have also bought parts for my old Ford Ranger online, and saved a bundle. I have a couple of small cracks in my bumper, that I plan to fix with a repair kit

Old 08-12-2020, 03:31 PM

Sorry to hear of your bad luck with hit and run driver.
Depending upon your own skills, you could jerry-rig it until you can save enough to fix it right
Or, maybe you can work on it little by little to get it in good condition
I am cheap. So, I would be trying to fix it and asking local advice on how to go about it.
Someone who can actually see it can help better than someone who can not see the damage.

Old 08-12-2020, 04:40 PM

Got pics? how badly was the bumper cover mangled? if it came off completely, the bolt holes inside the fenders are lokely ripped off, and the 2 under the hood are also likely ripped out, but all of the plastic fasteners can be reinstalled, and get it to a usable condition possibly. I used weather strip adhesive to reattach the bolt hole ear to my bumper. It can also be done with a plastic welder, or sometimes a larger soldering gun, or wood burning set

Last edited by s-petersen; 08-12-2020 at 04:45 PM.