Hyundai Veracruz This crossover combines the functionality of a minivan in a sleek exterior with luxury qualities.

veracruz reliability and owner rating

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 08:45 PM
Default veracruz reliability and owner rating

Looking to buy a new car with a third row seat and saw the Veracruz. Any veracruz owners out there? Are you happy with it. Have never really considered a hyundai before always thought they were really cheap and not worth the money. looking for opinions on the matter. thanks for your help.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator

I'm not a Veracruz owner but I've owned a few Hyundai's/Kia's. They are very good cars and still inexpensive. Quality and realiability is up there now with Toyota and Honda in my opinion. The only down side is resale value. However, the purchase price is also lower. So you may get less money back when selling it but it also cost you less money to buy it in the first place. So basically it's even in the end. I wanted a Veracruz as the family car for my wife to drive but she likes minivans better so we bought a Kia Sedona (Huyndai Entourage twin). The Veracruz was very nice and drive well when I tested it.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Banned
Thumbs up Excellant

I have owned a LTD for a year now (2008) with 22000 KM on it.

Everything works very well. I had a slight weap on the valve cover gasket (rt) which was immediately fixed under warranty.

I installed a trailer hitch from thehitchstore..com (took me 25 minutes. I have towed a 19 foot boat this year through BC mountain passes. It is insanely powerful.

No rattles or squeaks after a school season with kids and playdates.

Originally Posted by Philly R
Looking to buy a new car with a third row seat and saw the Veracruz. Any veracruz owners out there? Are you happy with it. Have never really considered a hyundai before always thought they were really cheap and not worth the money. looking for opinions on the matter. thanks for your help.

Last edited by Maconlysource; 07-06-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:05 PM

thanks for your opinions. after doing research from sites such as consumer reports hyundai veracruz has very good ratings and offers alot of features for the money.