New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

dealer remorse

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 06:06 PM
Default dealer remorse

I love my new car, but can't stand the dealership I bought it from. I totally distrust the place and wish I bought it somewhere else. I also bought an extra warantee plan from them. Do I have to take it to them for scheduled maintanance checks or can I take the warantee (the one that comes with the car and the extra one that I bought ) to another dealership? They tell me that I have to use them, but I don't trust anything they tell me at this point. They've been so slick and sneaky up to this point, I'm just scared they're going to find reasons for me to pay them money I don't have to everytime I bring this car in? If you think the dealer can't be trusted, can you go anywhere to complain?

Old 08-25-2009, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator

You can go to any Hyundai dealership.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:06 PM
Banned

Don't get your panties in a bunch, all dealers are scumbags. I almost bought a Toyota Prius for my ball & chain (wife) the other day, but the finance guy was so scuzzy, I walked out. You should have seen them jumping when I left in a huff. They're still calling me.

Take your car to any dealer, they all share the same database of service records.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:02 AM

I appreciate your "they're all scumbags" observation. That's the conclusion I've come to. I know I sound simple minded, but I'm 62 and this is the first car I have bought without help of a husband. So here's what I'm worried about. When I bring this car in for service at the place where experience has taught me that everything they say is probably not true -- and they tell me that there's something wrong that's not covered by all the warantees (include the "premiere" which they talked me into buying) -- why should I believe them? what do people do? just suck it up and pay them whatever they ask for? or do people drag their cars around looking for "second opinions"? In the past, I've dealt with mechanics that I've come to trust over the years -- but I don't want to have to go outside for repairs that are suposedly covered by warantee. I mean - if they're all scumbags - what recourse do you have?

Old 08-26-2009, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator

They are not all "scumbags". I love the dealership I go to. However, it's neither the dealership I purchased my cars from nor the dealership that is closest to me.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:56 PM

I feel for you because I also had a horrible experience buying my car. I knew in advance that they were bad (read about them on yelp.com), but they were the only ones who had the type of car I wanted so I went to them and hoped for the best. It was a horrible experience - to the point of actually having nightmares that night.

But --- in this particular instance, I've heard that the service department at this dealership is good and I've talked to them and they do seem very attentive.

So, maybe the service department where you bought your car isn't as bad as the sales department. Or, you can just go elsewhere for your service. Ask around, look for online opinions like Yelp.com and I'm sure you'll find a dealer that you like better.

Also, I've been telling myself that the bad feelings I had from the buying experience will fade because I really like my car. :-) (Still waiting, but I'm sure it will fade eventually!)

Good luck!

Old 08-29-2009, 10:16 AM

I'll have to agree with ETinCA, just because the Sales Dept. is lacking doesn't mean that the service dept. is. I know that I will be the first one to tell a customer anything they want to know about their car. I have even told them some things that could have possibly got me fired, but I won't lie to my customers. This is something that has gained their trust and in return, I have a customer base now and this means that I don't go hungry. Ask around about their service dept. and see what is said. Not everyone will be happy with them but you can tell who to believe and not to believe.