New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Greetings from a Newbie -found a great dealer 4 service in N New Jersy

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 08:17 AM
Default Greetings from a Newbie -found a great dealer 4 service in N New Jersy

Have about 54k on her, bought as a certified pre-owned. Bought the extended bumper-to-bumper warranty w $100 deductible and a service plan. I figure when the dealer does the oil changes they will find warranty items and I get the correct filter. So far they have found a warranty issue on the first oil change.

I noticed the 60k service mostly checks things and doesn't change much. I have done the following preventive maintenance with my local mechanic (except trans which was dealer):

1. Trans fluid flush (dirty)
2. Power steering flush (dirty) w inline filter in the return line to the PS cooler
3. Coolant flush
4. Brake fluid flush
5. Transfer case refill - turning brown (Amsoil synthetic)
6. Rear dif refill - turning brown (full synthetic)

Since trans filter is not accessible without tearing down the motor I plan to add a fliter to the trans cooler return line at the next fluid change in 15k. According to Blackstone transfluid starts to degrade between 15-20k

Will also change plugs and coil pack wires at 60k.

Performance: removed the baffles from the intake and put in a K&N filter. Huge performance boost. Everyone in the family noticed it. A free-flow cat might be worthwhile

Found a very friendly and responsive dealer for service in Northern NJ - Liberty Hyundai on Rt 17 in Mahwah. The service manager, Wayne Schneider, responds to service requests very quickly. The service rep I have dealt with, Chris, is good as his word - he says he'll get me in first thing, he does. Its ready when he promises. They gave me a ride to and from home when I asked. I didn't een buy the car from them!

Old 05-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dabbdc
Have about 54k on her, bought as a certified pre-owned.
Welcome to the forum. Ah... what car did you buy?

Originally Posted by dabbdc
I noticed the 60k service mostly checks things and doesn't change much.
Actually, depending on the car/engine, the timing belt needs to be changed at 60K.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:39 AM

I bought an 07 Sante Fe Ltd 3.3. It doesnt have a timing belt, it has a timing chain. Shocks starting to feel soft, dealer says they are normal. If some good aftermarket shocks come out I will replace them.