New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Accent Owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 10:14 AM
Default New Accent Owner

Hey all, I just bought a used '01 Hyundai Accent last week. I LOVE the car. It's an '01 GS Hatchback in White, all the usual GS options including Tape Player, AC, Rear Wiper Washer, Lumbar Seats with Height Adjuster, etc. It's really well optioned for such an economy car.

The only thing I don't like is lack of cruise control.

I got it for under $5,000 and paid cash for it. It is 48,000 miles and one owner. The previous owner just replaced all the brake shoes and rotors, front and back, and four new firestone tires at 46,500 miles. So all that is pretty new.

It does have the auto trans. and I have read some questionable stuff about it reliability wise. But this one shifts smoothly without a problem and the car runs extremely well. I got 33.5MPG my first tank, mixed city and highway 50/50 driving! I was pleased.

One unusual thing I have noted about my Hyundai is that I have a WHITE faced gauge cluster (Tach, speedo, etc.) I say this is unusual, because every other Hyundai Accent I have seen has black faced gauge cluster. I love the white and it lights up indiglo blue at night. Perhaps it was an option?

I'm taking it to the dealer at 60K for it's 60K service, including the timing belt. My previous car had a non-interference engine meaing that if my timing belt snapped, the worst that would happen is that I would be stranded, but no engine damage. I know for a fact that the 1.6L is an interference engine, meaning that if it snapped, I'm looking at major engine repair! I love the little car so far! It's great on gas and has lots of room!