New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parasitic Draw on Azera 2006

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2023, 10:07 AM

There are a few features that require power to retain memory and also an alternator can have slight leakage, a clock needs power to keep time and all these little things add up.

If there is a malfunctioning module , (they are supposed to do as requested or commanded) the minute you pull the fuse ,it resets and when you reinstall the fuse it shows no drain and that is why there is a special procedure for finding those drains.We cannot allow the module to reset and that is why we do voltage drop testing at each fuse without removing it. If that fuse is supplying a circuit with any drain ,you will get a voltage drop over the fuse. There are some good videos that explain that procedure on U Tube.
If you decide you don't want to get involved with this you need to find a shop with a sharp tech with good electrical background and he will find the problem.

Old 11-11-2023, 05:19 PM
Default Parasitic Draw or Alternator?

I’m not entirely sure if my moms 2006 Azera has a parasitic battery draw or if it’s an alternator issue. If she doesn't crank the car every 8 hours or so, the battery goes dead. But I’ve attached a clip where the battery was dead when she tried to crank, but she just held her hand in the crank position trying to crank the car and then 20 seconds later after holding it in crank you hear it trying to turn over and eventually cranks. Is that relevant to help me figure the issue out?

Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_2882.mov (1.18 MB, 11 views)
Old 11-12-2023, 09:56 AM

So we have some idea of where we stand,
Can you remove , clean and reinstall the battery cable connections at the battery and the other end where they connect to the engine ?

(f there is any possible poor connection there , you can spend the entire day looking for a problem that is the possible result of poor battery connections.