Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

looking for a little more umph!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Default looking for a little more umph!

I am the owner or a 2010 accent gls sport looking for a little more power.
Aren't we all. i'm looking into swapping my 1.6l for a 2011 sonata 2.0l turbo.
I understand this may be a big project from mounting right down to wiring harness. I've looked for performance parts but none available for the accent. I can buy a long block from Hyundai for $7000 a little pricey and does not include harness,wiring,etc. Looking for a salvage car with motor intact, hard to find I know any thoughts? project to big?

Old 07-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Former Site Vendor
Default Possible Remedy

Hi GixxerJ1000,

Obviously you've got a pretty big project for your Accent. Swapping out engines is a pretty beastly move. Hahaha! Not sure if we can help you out with that, but there is a possible item that gives a little kick to it, and it no longer costs that $300 or so. They are literally a flat $85 (+tax if you live within NY, and shipping). We've sold a nice amount of these and I believe every customer said they definitely get a nice pep of power to their Accents.

It's a Genuine Hyundai Accessory, and it's the Short Ram Intake System. It's available in both blue and silver. If there are any other readers out there, what this item does is sucks in more oxygen into your combustion chamber which gives that extra power, or oomph. Ridiculously dramatic price drop, but there's absolutely no point in holding onto these items.

Besides the power, there are over 20 other Genuine Hyundai Accent Accessories that have dropped in price dramatically for the 2006 - 2011 years.

The site is really easy to navigate through. To start, click on your vehicle model on the left, then click your year under the center picture, and click on any of the given categories and you will see the accessories fitted for your Accent.

But any who, here is the direct link to that Hyundai Accent Short Ram Intake System I was talking about before. And don't forget to use this coupon code and get 10% off all the items you have in your shopping cart! The code is: codehf

Hope this helps you and anyone else reading this.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by HyundaiShop
Hi GixxerJ1000,

Obviously you've got a pretty big project for your Accent. Swapping out engines is a pretty beastly move. Hahaha! Not sure if we can help you out with that, but there is a possible item that gives a little kick to it, and it no longer costs that $300 or so. They are literally a flat $85 (+tax if you live within NY, and shipping). We've sold a nice amount of these and I believe every customer said they definitely get a nice pep of power to their Accents.

It's a Genuine Hyundai Accessory, and it's the Short Ram Intake System. It's available in both blue and silver. If there are any other readers out there, what this item does is sucks in more oxygen into your combustion chamber which gives that extra power, or oomph. Ridiculously dramatic price drop, but there's absolutely no point in holding onto these items.

Besides the power, there are over 20 other Genuine Hyundai Accent Accessories that have dropped in price dramatically for the 2006 - 2011 years.

The site is really easy to navigate through. To start, click on your vehicle model on the left, then click your year under the center picture, and click on any of the given categories and you will see the accessories fitted for your Accent.

But any who, here is the direct link to that Hyundai Accent Short Ram Intake System I was talking about before. And don't forget to use this coupon code and get 10% off all the items you have in your shopping cart! The code is: codehf

Hope this helps you and anyone else reading this.
Hi,

Can you advise if this, and any other, mods can be fitted to the 2 litre i30 SLX? Also, I am in Western Australia, so any info on recommended fitters in my area would be great thanks.

BTW: I followed your link, and I typed i30 into the site search engine... apparently, that site has never heard of the i30. That sounds odd, considering it looks like a legitimate Hyundai website.

Last edited by The Tree; 07-11-2011 at 06:19 AM.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:26 AM
Former Site Vendor
Default i30 SLX

All of the items on the website are, in particular, fitted for the Hyundai models in USA. The i30 is not a model that has been released in the US before.

Unfortunately, we have virtually no information on any of the European models. The accessories and mods you see on our site are either Genuine Hyundai Accessories that have exact fitment on US models, but most of the time these items fit any other region model such as Hyundai Canada or some other European vehicles because there are only a few variations on the vehicles during production.

But to sum it all up, the site only has accessories for US models. Thanks for checking out the site, though.

Old 07-15-2011, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by HyundaiShop
All of the items on the website are, in particular, fitted for the Hyundai models in USA. The i30 is not a model that has been released in the US before.

Unfortunately, we have virtually no information on any of the European models. The accessories and mods you see on our site are either Genuine Hyundai Accessories that have exact fitment on US models, but most of the time these items fit any other region model such as Hyundai Canada or some other European vehicles because there are only a few variations on the vehicles during production.

But to sum it all up, the site only has accessories for US models. Thanks for checking out the site, though.
Thanks for the response.
The 2 litre in the i30 is the same as in the Tucson, and every other Hyundai they fitted with a litre engine.

I will continue looking, thanks for your info.