Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

troubleshooting a blower not working

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Manierjason
I found out today that the plug and harness are faulty I have had my fan blower go out here and there and I went to see what I had to do.to fix it. The blower wouldnt blow so with the.key on and the fan speed set at for 4 I reached to check the connection and when I touched it the fan came on let go went off so I felt when I.wiggled it u could feel the plug.get.warm so I think hyundai should concern this issue I read about this all the time. As me being a tech for 13 yrs I always check the obvious before tearing it apart. Hipe this helps
When the connector doesn't make proper connection, it can cause the point of contact to heat up.
Bad connections sometimes happens when the tech spreads the pins on the connector during troubleshooting
Or it can happen during manufacturing.

Old 10-03-2015, 09:36 AM

The problem is its not just my vehicle its a issue around the world. You put in 2008 hyundai accent blower motor not working in to google and you will get more than 10,000 threads on the matter. So I think it should be addressed to the owners of the affected years as a inspection on the issue

Old 10-05-2016, 08:35 AM
Default AC/Fan blower

I have a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe. Every now and then, not ALL the time. When I get in the car and crank it the fan does not turn on. I can hear my AC compressor kick on but the fan will not blow anything. I can hit a bump sometimes and it just starts blowing. I was told by a few people I might have a short. I don't know where to start looking first. Does anyone have any ideas. I live in Florida and no AC is not an option for me.

Old 10-05-2016, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by baileygirl0513
I have a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe. Every now and then, not ALL the time. When I get in the car and crank it the fan does not turn on. I can hear my AC compressor kick on but the fan will not blow anything. I can hit a bump sometimes and it just starts blowing. I was told by a few people I might have a short. I don't know where to start looking first. Does anyone have any ideas. I live in Florida and no AC is not an option for me.
Not certain about Santa Fe's
but most vehicles have the blower on the passenger side, under the dash.
Sometimes it can be accessed by looking under the dash
Or, it is hidden behind the glove box
Could be a short ... however, experience tells me that the blower motor may have the issue
Worn or burn electrical brushes can cause the motor to not work
Then a bump or hit on the motor can start it up again.
This also happens with fuel pumps sometimes. The engine cranks but won't start.
Bang on the fuel pump while cranking and the pump starts working and the engine starts
The same could be happening with the blower motor.

The blower motor can be taken out and test and/ or repaired
Or you could replace blower motor.

Good luck.
Remember to test before replacing parts

Old 03-02-2020, 08:11 PM

I have a 2002 Hyundai Elantra my blower motor won't work. i tested the blower motor relay, I'm getting power to that... but i tested the volts to the blower resistor and I'm not getting anything. can any one tell me some more thing to test and see.

Old 03-05-2020, 04:30 PM

Some systems have power to the blower motor all the time while the system controls the operation/speed by providing a ground connection. Don't know just which system is on your vehicle , but that might be why you aren't measuring any power to the resistor.
Suggest you remove the blower motor and connect power and ground to the motor . If it runs, motor is not the problem. If it doesn't run , replace the motor.

Old 03-05-2020, 09:03 PM

Hot when ignition on fuse 16, 10 amp in dash fuse box
Goes to power control side of blower relay
Pins 85 and 86

Hot at all times fusible link k, 30 amp fuse
Goes to power load side of blower relay
Pins 87 and 30

Blower switch grounds control side of relay
This turns on relay and provides power to load side of relay
Power then goes to blower motor and then to resistor pack and then to blower switch to ground

If no power at resistors then check blower motor and fusiblelink

Old 03-26-2020, 12:14 PM

My friend recently had her blower motor go out (2005 Accent). All the fuses were good and confirmed that the blower switch was operational. Tapped the blower motor and it suddenly started working. Checked the cabin air filter and I was shocked at what I discovered. There was a considerable amount of insulation type material trapped by the filter. I kept on pulling this stuff out and figured that was the cause of the blower motor not working. Unfortunately it stopped blowing on her way home. Ended up replacing the blower motor (unclipped a connection and removed 3 screws) and it's been working ever since.