General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Tucson Windows strange issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Question Tucson Windows strange issues

Hello all, hoping someone with a similar problem could point me in the right direction.

I have Tucson, 2013 limited and the electric windows are not working properly. Here is the behavior:
  • Driver window - works fine
  • Back windows - I can roll them down from driver's side, but roll-up doesn't work from the driver, but need to be rolled up from the back doors
  • Passenger windows only roll down from both, driver and passenger doors. Roll-up doesn't work, so I'm not using this window.
I opened the insides of the passenger doors and got to the window motor. I can see that with the motor out of the doors, the wheel only spins the down direction and not the other one. It does try to spin the other direction and sometimes it very slowly spins, but not enough to roll the window up. I thought it was the faulty motor, so I bought a new one, however, I see the exact same issues with this new motor, so I believe the motor is not the issue here.

Any idea what the error can be here, why do some switches work in only one direction and the passenger motor doesn't roll up? Thank you for any advice!

Old 09-24-2023, 04:24 AM

The circuits for all the windows include the master sw on the driver's door. That needs to be verified to provide a good ground for the other widows to operate correctly.

If that circuit is interrupted , say with a broken wire in the driver's door hinge area , some functions will not work.

You most likely will need to get into that bundle of wires in the driver's door hinge area and look for a broken wire.there.