Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

2001 Accent will not start!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 09:44 AM
Default RE: 2001 Accent will not start!

I hate to bring up a dead topic, but my 02 Accent(1.6, DOHC) seems to have a similar problem. When I first started having trouble with the car, it wouldn't start at all. I happened to be with my dad and he just adjusted the wires that go to the Ignition Coils and it started right up. Few weeks later, happened again so I just did the same thing and it worked again. About a week after that, while I was driving the car just shut off. No sputter, no mis-fire, just stopped. My radio stayed on and my lights so it wasn't the battery. Messed with the wires and after a min, it worked. So I just went on doing this when I had the problem. Now that doesn't even work. It just cranks but never fires. If I wait like 20 mins, it will fire though. I've already replaced my fuel pump, filter and strainer as I was told this was the most likely cause. Still have the problem. I think its my coils getting too hot. If I don't drive the car and let it just idle and die, it will start right back up. If I've driven it or just reved to simulate driving and it dies, it won't start up right up. I have to let it sit. So am I right to think its my coils or is it more likely to be one of the sensors? I'm planning on going to Autozone to get one of the code readers but I just wanted some input from others. Any help is greatly appreciated, I love my car only had for 4 months now and I really want to get it back up and running.