Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

2010 Accent overheated. No start

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2020, 12:36 PM

Yes. We have spark, I can hear fuel pump wrrr when I turn key on. There is 12 volts to injectors . I need to figure out compression Check. Any ideas

Old 06-07-2020, 02:41 PM

Oil in radiator water. I watched a YouTube and it looks like a head gasket job is in the for see able future

Old 06-07-2020, 02:49 PM

How many plugs were surrounded with a lot of oil?
Oil pressure is the highest and one of the way oil can get into the combustion chamber is via head gasket.
You most likely will need to open up the engine , head removal to get abetter idea of the extent of the problem.

Old 06-07-2020, 08:38 PM

Ya. We cooked this baby. I’m going to pull the head off. See how bad the warp is. Probably need a rebuilt head. Or an engine . The coil packs tips are melted from heat. I’m surprised it did not burn up. Valve seals must be toast. It’s kinda worth fixing. Just not sure I want to do it....

Old 06-08-2020, 07:35 AM

As you know excess heat can change a lot of tolerances in an engine and doesn't stop with just the head. Pistons and rings can also be affected. You have some homework to do with this one.
Repair, completely the present engine, exchange it for another salvage, rebuilt, or remanufactured . I guess a lot will depend on $$$ available and whether the vehicle is worth the investment, tough decision.

Old 06-08-2020, 09:05 AM

Thx Hanky, I’m going to pull the head and see what’s up and start looking for a wrecked car with an engine. Best case is resurface head. Have you seen many these Engines Fixed or is there a common consensus that I should just engine swap. Mike

Old 06-09-2020, 02:25 PM

As you know , it's a crapshoot, hoping everything will be OK with a head swap.
Depending on how hot it got, for how long will have a bearing on the outcome. As mentioned previously, after all is back together , up the road it will start burning oil due to possible piston and ring damage. Repair and unload, trade, hold on to it until what if anything happens ? Kinda iffy,

Old 06-24-2020, 11:50 AM

Got back from Fla. finally got manifolds un

bolted. This is a picture of the camshaft bearingS. They are covered with cooked oil carbon. Any one seen this before and saved the engine? I need to buy a 1/2 inch 8 mm Allen socket and we can see what horror lies within.

Old 06-24-2020, 01:46 PM

Our first thoughts are ,beyond help.
But depending on circumstances, you might get away with an exchange head and other supplemental parts, water pump, hoses,thermostat , belts, oil& filter etc.Don't know condition of radiator.
Circumstances might include; just till schooling is done, available $$ and time, replacement vehicle available and so on.

Old 06-24-2020, 04:13 PM

Thx Hanky, I ended up cutting a 8mm Allen wrench and used a socket. I had to remove cam to get to head bolts. Head is wiggling a little. There may be something still attached under the intake. I need my cherry picker. Which is at a friends house . The head is about 12 inches high! Looks heavy! This is my first Timing belt double overhead cam head gasket job.

if the piston look ok, I may look for a rebuilt head or an engine.

I’m hoping the block surface is ok.

I can alwaysvvJust smooth the head surface , throw a head gasket in and see how bad it smokes.

Quick Reply: 2010 Accent overheated. No start