Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

2017 Hyundai Accent SE Hatchback Weird Issue (Dash lights all came on while driving)

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2023, 02:21 AM
Default Random dash lights all at once Hyundai Accent

Originally Posted by JamesMc
Hey all!
So while driving today on the highway all of a sudden every warning light on the dash came on and trip meter and mpg reset. I was going about 75mph, cruise and eco mode were on. I was listening to the radio. Nothing cut out, no engine sputter, just like a dash reset.
This kinda worried me as about two or three weeks ago I went to start my car and the battery was dead. Not dead just barely not enough juice to start. I had to jump start it. Then worked just fine. Till now.
Anyways after the dash situation I took it to AutoZone and had someone test it. They said the alternator failed. But I have to mention they literally had to ask me which one was the positive and negative battery cable. So we started the engine and it didn't read any increase in voltage so it said failed. Engine was pretty warm so when it started it just want to 500-700 like normal. So again kinda nervous, priced the alt and oh damn.
So went from there to Walmart. Figured if it dont start, id call the roadside assistance. It started just fine. I shut it off then checked the battery and it said 12 (my old fluke multimeter doesnt have a decimal). So i started it and at idle it read 13. Hmmm seems weak. But ok try and drive home.
Drove home this time with lights on, blower on 2 and sat radio on. Car ran just fine. I dont get it.
so when I got home I decided Id test again. This time Ill rev the engine some and hold it at 1500rpm. Because I had to get my rpm over 1000 on another car i had.
So holding it between 1.5k and 2k rpm the multimeter read 14. Tried ir with lights on, ac on, radio on, door open, you name it. The voltage didn't change at all while flicking all that on and off.
I also want to add the drive home is a 25 mile trip. Last time I had an alternator go out I barely made it that far.
Im so confused. Im thinking why would the dash reset it self but car work fine? Is this related to the dead battery type issue? I have no clue.
Anybody anywhere have any clue of what else i can check? Or what might be going on?

2017 Hyundai Accent SE Hatchback
61XXX miles
Bought mine from a Hertz rental car lot about 5 years ago. Tonight 12/8/23 got gas everything worked fine. Went to a food place and turned car back on and this happend in this order. Radio only played on right side, fuel gauge did not register and fuel light came on even though there was a full tank. Air bag light on and would not turn off. Car runs and drives other than these errors. Tried restarting a couple of times and all above came on with the addition of check engine light now. I had readjusted my foor mat while getting gas and realized this. I now put it back and discovered in the left driver foot well there is a wiring harness. When i readjusted the floor mat everything went back to normal except check engine light is only thing still on. Its dark so just unhooked the battery for safety and will check wiring harness in the daylight and see what code is on. Thinking the floor mat unplugged or loosend something in footwell.

This safety plug to this harness was unlatched. Reset code and drove 300 miles. No more issues. Fixed. It was the floor mat getting caught on this wiring harness.

Last edited by Gmrday; 12-09-2023 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Forgot about airbag light