Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Alternator/Bat terminal wiring?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Default Alternator/Bat terminal wiring?

I have 2001 Acct. I am assuming my problem is the bat term connection/wire to Alt.

Arrived at problem last week driving lost rpm power, airbag light came on dim clock etc. Was able to drive off battery to safe "break down" place. Car sat for 30 mins able to turn over had full power for 1/2mile, then same issue over again. Got a jump to get car home, half way home same issue happening went to pull over, then car got all power back made it home. My car sat for 5hrs had BF follow me to his house to work on car. Night time no problems lights, heat on no loss of power no dimming. Driving distance was 7 miles.

We started with battery it was bad so replaced even tho brand new battery bought this time last yr. Did not do much driving but same thing happened yest. Pulled everything off I noticed the wire for the Bat terminal to the alt is stiff and looks corroded or melted also the housing for bat term is melted a bit. I am assuming a short circuit or possibly heating problem? Which in case would explain spuratic loss and gain of power. Cold not long driving no problems, long driving heating up causing alt and bat to not compliment each other.

Any insight to this would be great. I am assuming if I replace the bat terminal wire this will solve problem? My question to that is Is it a bitch to replace? Oh and also what might be causing the wires to be over head? possible over time exposed wires near alt?

Sorry for long post.just like to be a specific as I can..I have read some of these posts..lol
*battery replaced
*Alt tested good