Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

despretly need help

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 05:58 AM
Default despretly need help

Hey everyone im in desprete need of help im almost a grand deep on a clutch problem on my 2001 hyundai accent manual, does anyone have any suggestions the clutch is slipping quite badly ive replaced the whole clutch kit,master cylinder and slave cylinder and still havent fixed the problem any help would be awsome cheers

Old 09-20-2012, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by hendo
Hey everyone im in desprete need of help im almost a grand deep on a clutch problem on my 2001 hyundai accent manual, does anyone have any suggestions the clutch is slipping quite badly ive replaced the whole clutch kit,master cylinder and slave cylinder and still havent fixed the problem any help would be awsome cheers
Why would you change the master cylinder when you have a clutch problem? The master cylinder is for the brakes, not the clutch.

I suggest going to a REAL, TRAINED mechanic.

Old 09-20-2012, 04:14 PM

This was all done at a shop and i was told it was the clutch master cylinde,, i would not even try as im not mechanicly minded at all

Old 09-20-2012, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

Then I'd suggest a better shop.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by hendo
The shop you have paid needs to make it right or refund your money!

It sounds like you may have a defective pressure plate !If the flywheel was in good shape when they replaced the clutch there is little else that will cause it to slip ! Oil leaking onto the clutch will make it slip but if you had a oil leak they should have told you about it and fixed it before installing the new clutch!
I have never seen a clutch master or slave cyl. cause a slip problem,this is a "pull type" clutch meaning the release brg. pulls the pressure plate to disengage the clutch if the master or slave were bad you would have problems putting the car in gear.
It does sound like you need to find a better shop

Old 09-22-2012, 03:19 AM

Shop gave me a 50 % refund and the new shop said it will be the pressure plate or a bent or warped clutch fork