Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 02:29 AM
Default Fog lights

hi, i have a 2003 hyundia accent and have purchased a new set of fog lights for the front... i want to hook them up to a switch but also have them hooked up to the lights, so that they come on when i turn my lights on... does anyone know how to do this or know anywhere i can get a wiring diagram so i can find the right wires from the headlights

thanks for your time
cheers

Old 07-17-2007, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Fog lights

Are you in the U.S.? If so, you can access the schematics through Hyundai. I can help you with that. If not, let me knowand I can proably dig up the information and get it to you.

I did pretty much the same thing with my Elantra. Make sure you run the fogs on their own fuse so you don't overload an existing circuit, and turn them on and off with a relay that is energized according to the conditions you want. On my car, whenever the ignition is in ON or START, the relay coil is energized, and I can turn on the fog lights whenever I want with a switch.... but when I shut off the car, the fogs shut off too without having to turn the switch off. I also put another relay in to interrupt power when my high beams come on, since having high beams and fogs on at the same time are illegal here. The relay coils draw very little current, so you can drive them off the existing circuits, but the main fog light power that is switched by the relay needs to be a high current source.

Old 07-23-2007, 09:31 PM

hi, im in australia... if you could do that, it would be great.... its very hard to find info on hyundai's here and noone wants to even look at them let alone touch one lol...
thank you so much for your time and effort...
also would you know anything about this..................

https://www.hyundaiforum.com/m_8723/tm.htm

cheers tim

Old 07-24-2007, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Ack.... Oz, huh? I'm not sure how much different the wiring for the right hand drive is, but here is what it looks like for left hand drive:

If you do yourown wiring job, I suggest using a relay, and connecting the switched side of the relay directly from a fused, always-onpower source coming from the battery, switched by the relay, and going to the fog lights. Use the coil side of the relay to control when the lights come on- with a switch, driven off whatever circuit you would like (for instance, the marker lights, or a source that's only on with ignition). Somethng like this: