Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Help please with window prob

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 06:27 AM
Default Help please with window prob

Hi i hope you can help me, ive just bought a N reg accent coupe 1.3si, its a lovely car but the electric windows dont work properly. They wind down so far & then they seem to go wonky & come off the tracks & trap the rubber along the side edge on the outside, ive had someone look at it & they think the motors are ok but there are 2 small like clips the window sits it that had come unglued, they reglued them but it hasnt worked.............any ideas?

Old 08-17-2005, 10:52 AM
Default RE: Help please with window prob

Replace window glass or go to a glass company that has the commercial grade sealant.

Old 08-17-2005, 12:01 PM

you think the glass needs replacing? i thought maybe it was just the clips?

what do i know!!!!!

ask me about horses and i can answer (sometimes)..................... cars.......forget it!! [sm=gears.gif]

Thanks for your reply

Old 10-20-2005, 02:44 AM
Super Moderator

I don't know if I would say its the glass. Hyundai windows in early models all have there problems. I would make sure that the clips are in place with a strong adhesive try JB Weld. Most importantly make sure the window is in the weather track all the way around because if it is not that will force it back off track.

Old 01-02-2006, 04:39 PM

My hyundai had a simular problem, driver and passenger side, both at different times. One side turned out to be the rubber, it needed replacing. It gots slight split and was preventing the window to wind up. The other side was the cable that wound the window up and down the runner, this is found in side the door panel and was only spotted when we took the window out to check. The cable was going rusty and fraying this was causing it to get caught up on the winder over time. You have a look to elimate every option before spend out money on unneccesary parts! belive me.

Hope this helps

Purple dolphin