Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Synthetic Transmission Fluid

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 05:08 PM
Default RE: Synthetic Transmission Fluid

JDIowa
I totally agree with your comments. I was trying to be helpfull and got shot down by Mr. Kick and had to come back with my feelings about the consequences of straying from the car manufacturers recommendations to protect warranty.
But there are always an odd one that will come in like that and dispute the proper knowledge that some post in an effort to be helpfull. He can use anything he wants to in his transmissions . I really don't care. It's his repair bill he has to contend with . . not ours. I am surprised he didn't recommend extra virgin olive oil as another one of his wild and wonderfull ideas. .
I know this will not be the last response in this thread but it will be the last one for me. I will just sit back and smile as I read the ones that will surely follow.
This is a great site . Lots of good info here. See ya all in some other topics of interest.
W.Y.

Old 02-26-2006, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

Dear William,

If you were a woman I would marry you. Your witty banter is absolutely wonderful, and I beseech you to continue making comments on this issue. Be a pal, make me chuckle.

Old 02-26-2006, 10:05 PM

I will repeat what I beleive is true concerning this discussion as many times as it takes to prevent anyone from doing unnecessary harm to their investment of hard earned dollars when purchasing a car.
Then on the other hand some people have a car just given to them so they wouldn't understand. Lets not go there . . . . WAY off topic
W.Y.

Old 02-27-2006, 09:47 AM

Wow,
Nice discussion we all have goin' here!!! LOL Well, I now have over 12,000 miles on my little 05 Accent GT. So far, she is running fantasic. Tranny is shifting good, oil changes are a snap to do. Zero problems, I have no complaints.
Brant

Old 03-16-2006, 04:57 PM

Brant...how many miles do you have on your Transmission with the Amsoil in it? I have it in my truck (F150) and just love the stuff...but i wanted to put it into the elantra but hearing all the "Pros" I have waiting to get better conformation....just looking for an update

Old 03-17-2006, 03:33 AM

Hi Brant;
I am also interested in you findings with that.
Only 12,000 miles ? It isn't even broke in yet.
I am running Mobil 1 synthetic in my 2002 accent engine with almost 60,000 km on it and Hyundai recently changed semi synthetic in my automatic transmission. So far it is just purring like a tom cat in a creamery
I am planning a second trip across Canada this fall with that car from British Columbia to Ontario and maybe out to the east coast.
W.Y.

Old 03-20-2006, 03:22 AM

If my memory hasen't escaped me, I believed I had the tranny fluid changed at around or just about 7000 miles. I didn't care for the fact that the tranny shifted into OD when the fluid was warm. Since changing to the Aimsoil, the transmission shifts in OD sooner. Other then that I have had zero problems thus far. I am also running Mobil 1 in the engine....purrrrs like a kitten.
Brant