Hyundai Azera A Hyundai like you've never seen before.

Dashboard Cracked~

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 10:07 AM

I never thought that you were taking a stab at us. I was simply letting you know that the entire dash has to be changed out.

The woodgrain at the top/middle of the dash is removable and will be reused on the new dash. Same with the vents. The dash goes from the windshield to the console where the shifter is. When I say the entire dash.....I mean the ENTIRE DASH It's a pain in the rump to say the least. One of the hardest things about changing it out is the ambient light sensor and the LED for the alarm. Those things are hard to remove from up top (almost impossible for me without tearing them up) and hard to get at from under the dash when you start pulling it to disconnect the wiring harness.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tech NC051
I never thought that you were taking a stab at us. I was simply letting you know that the entire dash has to be changed out.

The woodgrain at the top/middle of the dash is removable and will be reused on the new dash. Same with the vents. The dash goes from the windshield to the console where the shifter is. When I say the entire dash.....I mean the ENTIRE DASH It's a pain in the rump to say the least. One of the hardest things about changing it out is the ambient light sensor and the LED for the alarm. Those things are hard to remove from up top (almost impossible for me without tearing them up) and hard to get at from under the dash when you start pulling it to disconnect the wiring harness.
LOL! They are a PIA!!
I am guessing you are a tech in NC hence the dealer code NC051 in your Id.
Glad to see that other techs agree with the dash thing.
Now... Onto the feathering/cupping tires! LOL J/K...

Old 08-31-2009, 10:27 PM

Yeah, that's my dealer code. lol I should have used my usual screen name, but for some reason, I chose not to do so. If I could keep from doing dashes, cam chain tensioners and a few other things I would have most of it whipped. It's rough on me being the only tech at the dealership. We are in with a GM dealership right now, and I am dead slow on Hyundai work as it is, so it's good having another product line to turn hours on.

**EDIT** I see that you are asst. service manager. Where are you at?

Last edited by Tech NC051; 08-31-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AZERA007
When it was not on the road, our Azera was in a covered garage day and night. So despite lots of time on the road and high mileage accumulation, I’m sure it had way below average exposure to sunlight, UV rays and intense heat. My advice is to keep your car garaged or covered as much as possible; if you must park in the sun, use a windshield sun screen and leave a window or the sunroof open just enough to allow for some ventilation. Good luck, and be careful out there.
My Azera was garaged day and night and I used a sun shade when ever I went places and I was in the habit of leaving cracks in the windows for ventilation and the damn thing still cracked. In this day and age, we shouldn't have to go to such precautions to avoid a cracked dash. My god, even cheap crappy cars dashes don't crack anymore.

The cracked dash was the least of my worries with my Azera. The biggest PIA for me was *my* (ymmv) Azera's suspension. I could put up with a cracked dash once a year but I had to live with that lousy suspension year around.

Old 09-06-2009, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by campoly
My Azera was garaged day and night and I used a sun shade when ever I went places and I was in the habit of leaving cracks in the windows for ventilation and the damn thing still cracked. In this day and age, we shouldn't have to go to such precautions to avoid a cracked dash. My god, even cheap crappy cars dashes don't crack anymore.

The cracked dash was the least of my worries with my Azera. The biggest PIA for me was *my* (ymmv) Azera's suspension. I could put up with a cracked dash once a year but I had to live with that lousy suspension year around.
I'm glad you "haven't looked back" since you got rid of your Azera and moved up to an Infiniti.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:20 PM

Two days after reading this thread on the cracked dash, my dash started showing a crack!! Wonder how many dashes their going to replace? Hope they have corrected the problem with the new replacement dash!!

Old 09-22-2009, 01:52 AM

Hey nice photos .its pretty strange and have never haerd of cracked dash board.is this covered under the warranty period.it is a nice work keep on posting such pictures so that we know these things

Old 07-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Default cracked dash azera

I found this forum because my dash has EXACTLY the same crack as the photo. Its eerie, like the photo was of my azera. Going to take it into the locaL dealer...its 4 yrs old and im in canada not sure if my warranty is still valid...does anyone know of any bulletins put out by hyundai for this problem?

Old 07-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Default Dashboard crack

Hello all,

I bought 2008 Azera Limited this Wednesday with 12,000 miles. And yesterday I noticed crack on dashboard. Should I call dealership or should I call Hyundai first? And I assume replacement will be covered by warranty, won't it?

Thanks.

Old 03-22-2021, 11:45 AM

Hi everyone,

I have a 2015 Sonata Limited and just noticed Saturday on my way home from the dealership after getting a weel speed sensor replaced (my second one since January) that I have a small crack on the airbag seam about an inch long. I have an appointment next Saturday to have it looked at. Has anyone had trouble getting this covered with the warranty? I also purchased an extra extended warranty.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Dashboard Cracked~