Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

Lock is Stuck on Driver's Side

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 03:35 AM
Default Lock is Stuck on Driver's Side

Hello,

I drive a 2006 Hyundai Elantra, and very oddly, the lock on the driver's side is stuck in the lock position. Nobody hit the car, and nothing significant to my knowledge happened. In fact, I was able to get in the car fine yesterday, locked the car while I was driving, and then was unable to unlock the car. I cannot unlock the door from the inside or the outside; the only way to get in and out of the car is through the passenger's side. Is there some easy way to fix the door, or do I need to take it to somewhere?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

-Matt

Old 11-19-2010, 07:40 PM

I have the same problem. except mine will not lock sometimes and sometimes it will not unlock enless i use the key.

When using the FOB all the other doors lock except my drivers and therefore my alarm is not turned on. sometimes in the morning unlocking it with the fob does not work.

I did not fix mine it just deal with it. But my brother has a honda and his door would not unlock even with the key and he needs to pay $300 at a shop for a new lock regulator.

I think that is the problem with mine. and might be with your's