Hyundai Elantra Touring / i30 The compact wagon / hatchback that has as much cargo space as a Tucson in a car the size of the Elantra sedan.

Dealer issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 06:20 AM

I have to admit that it seems that they fixed the water that was coming from a missing seal ..

Old 11-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Stef_n
If I did not received any survey I will contact them.
I emailed Hyundai about the issue of not getting surveys for the purchase or warranty work. I really am happy with the warranty work, but I really have an issue with the dealer about when I purchased the car. The biggest thing that had me looking at Hyundai was "the best warranty in America."

As we were completing the paperwork on the purchase and the salesman was swapping the plates on my trade in, the business manager tried to trick me into signing for an extended warranty while having me sign the paperwork at a cost of more than $2000!

1) I am a sales trainer and know every trick in the book
2) I read everything I sign.

When I realized he was scamming me and asked him to explain why I would need such an extended warranty on a new car, he ignored my complaints and just kept reciting his script louder and louder, acting like he did not hear me while hoping that I would cave and sign everything he pushed in front of me. It was not until I looked at my wife and said "let's put everything back in my old car, I will change the plates back" that he finally realized I was not going to be suckered in.

It has been more than two months, but it still bothers me and I feel their techniques are very underhanded. I wonder how many people unknowingly pay for an extended warranty on a new car that is warrantied for 100,000 miles? A hard working attorney could probably build a class action suit over costly extended warranties being concealed in purchase paperwork.

I also wonder if the business manager submitted my survey "on my behalf."

I will let you know if I hear from Hyundai.

Last edited by ArchtopBill; 11-06-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:50 AM

ah ....
I was in some point lucky to catch the 500$ insurrance taht they charged me.
But I had me with the lock wheel and probably also for the snow tires even if they changed the snow lion for Winterforce.
A good question how much from the sale of the car goes in the dealer pocket?

Old 11-08-2010, 09:18 PM

Here the dealer gets 4 % of the sale & a bounce if you buy the extanded warrantry.
They realy push for you to get the extanded warrantry! That adds it from 5 yrs to 10 years, But we have 1 year to make up our mind.
regards
Ron

Old 11-09-2010, 06:36 AM

Dealer "packs" are pushed by every F & I person...I certainly can see how the extended warranty comes off as a scam with Hyundai given the warranty thats already in place.