Hyundai Elantra Touring / i30 The compact wagon / hatchback that has as much cargo space as a Tucson in a car the size of the Elantra sedan.

ET--More power?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 05:13 PM

Something you might want to check into . . . www.gforcechips.com. Looks interesting and easy to install. Says it will not void warranty

Old 12-30-2010, 07:35 PM

oh god,google the company name, dont waste your cash!!

Old 12-31-2010, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jake
Something you might want to check into . . . www.gforcechips.com. Looks interesting and easy to install. Says it will not void warranty
^^^ Complete and total junk. If you want to ruin your car, get that. Otherwise, don't waste your money.

Old 12-31-2010, 06:22 PM

If you're looking for about a 12-15hp gain at the wheels and an increase in handling you can do what I've done to my Touring. Just finished installing my last 'bolt-on' mod today.

Here's my list of performance modifications successfully installed:
  • Apollo CAI
  • Maintec 4-2-1 header (you will deal with an occasional CEL with this b/c it eliminates the primary cat)
  • Hi-flow secondary Catalytic Converter
  • Custom 2.25" catback exhaust
  • Lighter wheels
  • TB coolant bypass
  • Lineage 4-guage grounding kit
  • OBX aluminum underdrive crank pulley
  • i30 Sharkracing strut bar
  • i30 front member chassis brace
  • i30 rear ladder brace
  • i30 Eibach pro-kit

I am also currently researching installing an Apexi SAFC or HKS AFR to lean out my WOT fuel trim a bit to maximize my gains from these mods. From what I've seen on the dyno's for the Beta engine, it runs a bit rich at higher rpms. Leaning this out can give you a few more ponies if you're already fully bolted like I am.

Bolt-ons really won't give you anymore than 10% increase in power. If you want large gains you have to go FI or do some serious work to the TB, IM, head, and camshaft. If you guys have any questions about the work I've done, just let me know.

My 0-60 video with above mods: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5Yz-Y4lMfw

Last edited by zielritter; 01-02-2011 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Added Video
Old 01-12-2011, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by zielritter
If you're looking for about a 12-15hp gain at the wheels and an increase in handling you can do what I've done to my Touring. Just finished installing my last 'bolt-on' mod today.

Here's my list of performance modifications successfully installed:
  • Apollo CAI
  • Maintec 4-2-1 header (you will deal with an occasional CEL with this b/c it eliminates the primary cat)
  • Hi-flow secondary Catalytic Converter
  • Custom 2.25" catback exhaust
  • Lighter wheels
  • TB coolant bypass
  • Lineage 4-guage grounding kit
  • OBX aluminum underdrive crank pulley
  • i30 Sharkracing strut bar
  • i30 front member chassis brace
  • i30 rear ladder brace
  • i30 Eibach pro-kit
I am also currently researching installing an Apexi SAFC or HKS AFR to lean out my WOT fuel trim a bit to maximize my gains from these mods. From what I've seen on the dyno's for the Beta engine, it runs a bit rich at higher rpms. Leaning this out can give you a few more ponies if you're already fully bolted like I am.

Bolt-ons really won't give you anymore than 10% increase in power. If you want large gains you have to go FI or do some serious work to the TB, IM, head, and camshaft. If you guys have any questions about the work I've done, just let me know.

My 0-60 video with above mods: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5Yz-Y4lMfw
I added similar mods to my 2010 Dodge Avenger 2.4 litre. I haven't gotten around to modding my 2011 ET, it's too new still. However, some things I liked on the Avenger and are available for the ET; H&R lowering springs, Magnaflow custom dual exhaust (one muffler with two outs), front strut brace, light weight crank pulley.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:22 AM

I'm looking at the K&N site, and they have for the i30 options for the 1.6 and 2.0L engines. The 2009 ET is a 1.8, and the configuration looks slight different. Also, it doesn't seem to be the CAI, but an open air filter. Is that what we are looking at?

Old 05-04-2011, 12:39 PM

So yeah, I figured out that I was wrong. it's the Beta 2.0, and I got the CAI universal for the car. Thanks to Zeilritter for pointing this out.