Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

2010 Sante Fe V6 repeat oil pressure sensor failures

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 05:55 PM
Default 2010 Sante Fe V6 repeat oil pressure sensor failures

Hello and thank you for helping!
My daughter’s oil pressure sensor, I am sure has failed again, 8 months after I installed a new one (including the manifold it sits in). Oil light flickers and dumping the engine oil, it drips from oil Nader the flywheel housing and I know when I get all the inlet manifold off the ‘V’ will be full of oil again. This the 3rd time in 3 years!!

My question is. :- is there something that causes these to fail so quickly? I will get the part under parts warranty this time but it is a pain having to keep ripping the engine apart to change it.

should I be looking for another fault that causes these to fail?

Thanks for any help, ( see if I can replace this one under 3 hours!!)

Old 08-18-2019, 06:24 AM

I doubt there is any problem with your vehicle itself, but I do question the quality of the parts you are purchasing.

Unfortunately, there are many "white box specials" that are not manufactured to North American specs, and some are defective right out of the box.

Are you able to purchase them from a Hyundai dealer ?

If you did buy them from a dealer , have someone check the oil pressure at the sending unit to confirm no other problem exists.

Is there a possibility the oil is coming from someplace else and not the sending unit?

Old 08-18-2019, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by hanky
I doubt there is any problem with your vehicle itself, but I do question the quality of the parts you are purchasing.

Unfortunately, there are many "white box specials" that are not manufactured to North American specs, and some are defective right out of the box.

Are you able to purchase them from a Hyundai dealer ?

If you did buy them from a dealer , have someone check the oil pressure at the sending unit to confirm no other problem exists.

Is there a possibility the oil is coming from someplace else and not the sending unit?

Hi
Parts are always from the dealer and it is almost impossible to put a manual gauge on the same location as the sensor.

i have heard about changing the oil filter housing but I am not sure why as they are in different locations on the engine, is there something that fails in the oil filter housing?

Thanks

Old 08-18-2019, 02:56 PM

Not that I am presently aware of .