Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

2011 Santa Fe iPod display

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 12:56 PM
Default 2011 Santa Fe iPod display

Please help...
I recently purchased a 2011 Santa Fe, which has the USB and AUX inputs for an iPod. I have the Hyundai cable that plugs into the iPod and both the USB and AUX simultaneously. However, when I plug in the iPod, the display that appears on the car stereo is all messed up. The music plays just fine through the stereo, but the file names and all messy (i.e. I have titles like AZMY; all the displays on the stereo dash is F00 and AZMY or other crazy combinations). I cannot seem to navigate through my playlists in order to selection songs; I can use the stereo controls to switch songs but I don't know what songs are playing or next in order to navigate. I have an ipod nano, I'm not positive which generation, it's running the latest version (1.1.3) if that helps.Just wondering if there is something I need to adjust on the vehicle or if its an issue with my iPod.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:39 AM

I'm thinking that's your Nano and not the SantaFe's stereo. Most SantaFe owners use I pod's rather that any other media.. It just works better. Try upgrading your Nano to the latest I pod version.. (I just did my 2 year old Touch) and maybe even take the time to re-load all you music.. After that if your songs read as they should on the Nano.. but are still hooy on the Stereo.. then you need to talk to Hyundai.. Those stereos are not without glitches.. For the most part mine works great...but sometimes when I try to do random play it stops and goes back to XM.. One thing that does work perfectly ( I use this more that the Ipod) is a 8 gig USB stick... Try it..