Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

2021 Santa Fe Electrical Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2023, 10:08 PM
Unhappy 2021 Santa Fe Electrical Question

My wife was deciding to do some electrical work for a bunch of accessories, and cut / mangled a bunch of wiring in the driver side junction block. Specifically ICU-F, ICU-G and another I cant identify yet from the wiring diagrams. I think I will need to re-pin these connectors, because I would rather avoid having to buy another wiring harness. Anyone have an idea where I could buy these pins and what size? Its the female side and they appear to be like 1.55 -> 1.59 mm on the end. I tried soldering / shrink wrap a few of the wires, but some of them are way too close to the connector, dont think I can fix them. Tons of CAN bus errors now. I think it is both p-can and b-can that are messed up. Additionally she accidentally cut and connected one of the wires from the floor board connector into the can. Haven't been able to figure out which one it is on the wiring diagrams so not sure the voltage, hoping it wasnt a direct 12v to the can bus. She isnt clear on which one she connected where either.

Last edited by JasonZX12R; 02-04-2023 at 10:12 PM. Reason: adding picture
Old 02-05-2023, 09:40 AM

I would start with a dealership parts dept..

You might also check,
Delphi weather pack terminals
Waytek
Amazon does show a kit,
There are special tools required to disassemble plugs and terminals and tools to correctly assemble the miniature terminals to small gauge wiring.
Sometimes large size auto supply stores , NAPA, A1 Auto, Advance, will stock some of these.

Last edited by hanky; 02-05-2023 at 10:00 AM.
Old 05-18-2023, 03:32 AM

1. OEM auto Connectors: It's generally recommended to use original equipment manufacturer (OEM) connectors for proper fit and functionality. You can try contacting a BMW dealership or authorized parts supplier to inquire about purchasing the specific connectors and pins you need. They may be able to assist you in finding the correct parts for your vehicle.
  2. Automotive Electrical Suppliers: There are various online automotive electrical suppliers that offer a wide range of connectors, terminals, and wiring components. Websites like Waytek Wire, Del City, or Mouser Electronics may have the connectors and pins you require. Ensure that you search for the correct specifications and sizes to match your specific needs.
  3. Salvage Yards: Another option is to visit a local salvage yard or contact online salvage marketplaces to see if you can find a compatible wiring harness from a similar BMW model. You can then remove the necessary connectors and pins from the salvaged harness and use them for your repair.