Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

Need help ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2020, 03:15 PM
[QUOTE=suvlover;59150]
Originally Posted by suvlover

Well I drove back to the dealership yesterday to have the new starter installed. It took 9 days overall to get a second appt. It took 2 days to get a new one shipped to them.
So I drove a total of 440 miles back and forth...120 each way times 4 trips. Luv my S-F SEL but I'll never purchase another. Service desk man said that's a first time replacement for a starter, also said its not uncommon for the Alternator to go bad between 90 and 100,000 miles. I can understand a starter going bad with the engine stop start system constantly engaged on and off but I defeated mine from day one so I never need to push the button every time that I start the car.
CORRECTION 480 MILES TOTAL ! Angry

Old 07-04-2020, 08:06 AM

That's a long way to go just for routine service Maybe you might search around for a shop that is much closer and is willing to accept your business at a reasonable price.

When shops were few and far between a good relationship was essential for both the shop and the customer. Most shops appreciated the business and the customer was well treated and taken care of. City shops have a much larger business base and don't seem to value a customer as much as a country shop.
No matter what model vehicle you have , it will need service and repair eventually, so the more familiar the shop is with your vehicle the better. Sometimes we have little choice as to where to go for service, but it pays to build a good relationship with a local shop for a lot of reasons.I realize you didn't ask for this , but it is always a good idea to read and understand the info in the vehicle owner's manual , it pays in the long run.

Old 07-04-2020, 08:30 AM

[QUOTE=suvlover;59150]
I defeated mine from day one so I never need to push the button every time that I start the car.
How did you that?

Old 07-04-2020, 08:49 AM

There are certain "Motor Vehicle Safety Standards" that must be adhered to when a vehicle is manufactured and for sale to the public.
If these standards were altered or eliminated, there comes a big liability issue. Folks that are not familiar with these rules are wide open for problems and don't know it !

As they say, A word to the wise is sufficient !

Old 07-04-2020, 09:22 AM

How did you that?[/QUOTE]

I pushed the stop start button down and wedged in a piece of cut off credit card so it stays in the off position.

Old 07-04-2020, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by hanky
There are certain "Motor Vehicle Safety Standards" that must be adhered to when a vehicle is manufactured and for sale to the public.
If these standards were altered or eliminated, there comes a big liability issue. Folks that are not familiar with these rules are wide open for problems and don't know it !

As they say, A word to the wise is sufficient !
I wouldn't say that disabling the stop start button is overriding a safety standard.....It's a PITA !!

Old 07-04-2020, 10:53 AM

How did you that?
I pushed the stop start button down and wedged in a piece of cut off credit card so it stays in the off position.[/QUOTE]
How do you start it? with the button in the off position?

Old 07-04-2020, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by s-petersen
I pushed the stop start button down and wedged in a piece of cut off credit card so it stays in the off position.
How do you start it? with the button in the off position?[/QUOTE]
I'M talking about the button on the center consul, not the one on the dash !!!!!

Old 07-04-2020, 03:16 PM

I don't have a button in my center console, unless you you are talking about the hidden in the center console for the shift lock?

Old 07-04-2020, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by s-petersen
I don't have a button in my center console, unless you you are talking about the hidden in the center console for the shift lock?
Your cars are too old !!

Quick Reply: Need help ?