Go Back  Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums > Vehicle Line Up > Hyundai Sonata
Reload this Page >

03 Sonta what causes doors to lock automatically after shutting door?

Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

03 Sonta what causes doors to lock automatically after shutting door?

Old 12-22-2018, 10:37 AM
Default 03 Sonta what causes doors to lock automatically after shutting door?

When I close the doors on my 03 Sonata the doors lock automatically without even touching the button on the factory key remote. I have to be careful of leaving the key in and closing the door because it will lock. It's been sitting outside for 2 years, but regularly started and run for 30 minutes regularly. It sat because the transmission went out but I've just got a secondhand transmission installed and it's driving now somewhat. I was just wondering is there some kind of relay that might be stuck causing the doors to lock automatically? It's got the factory key remote and the factory security alarm.

Old 12-23-2018, 10:25 AM

I am not sure if the relay is your problem. I's swap the position of the 2 identical relays to see if the problem moves somewhere else.