Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

2003 Sonata dies when put into gear

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 06:34 PM
Question 2003 Sonata dies when put into gear

I have a 2003 Sonata that has give me nothing but trouble! Though nothing major, but little stuff.
First, my car was running rough and going dead so we replaced the coil pack. Directly after replacing that it wouldnt start. At all. So took it to the shop and they replaced a misfiring sensor. IT started fine and was running great. Smooth. The other day went to the store and as I was pulling in it went dead. it would start back up and as soon as I put it in gear, it would die. So thats what Im dealing with now. I did get it to AutoZone since the checkengine light was on and it read camshaft sensor. We just put a new one on. So we made sure it was connected good and sure enough the wire that goes into the camsensor was loose and barely in there. The mechanic had broke the clip and used a rubber band to make it fit tight. Obviously that didnt work. So we took that off and black taped it in the where the fit is tight to see if thats what it is and its still doing it..I NEED HELP!!