Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

2013 Sonata GPS Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 10:12 AM
Default 2013 Sonata GPS Problems

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum, but I have posted this same question on other forums.

I have a 2013 Sonata 2.0T limited. It came with the factory navigation which has worked perfectly up till the last couple of weeks. What is happening is it's not picking up ANY sattelites. I took my vehicle to the dealership and had them check it out along with fix several recalls. They tested the antenna from the back to the front, and told me that they were 99 percent sure it was the radio. So. I found a great deal on a factory refurbished unit and tried it. Same problem. Looking at the schematics I see the MTS module is connected to this as well. Replaced it. Same problem.

Now I'm completely lost. In the hidden menus on the radio. there is one where you can see all the info about the GPS. It shows the sattelites it's seeing, etc. Mine shows NONE. I'm not about to keep throwing money at this wastefully. I've already spent enough on the radio and the MTS module. I'm not wasting money on a new antenna if it's the same problem.

Has anyone had experience with this issue, and if so what was the resolution?

On another forum there are two of us with the EXACT same problem, and out of the thousands of people out there, no one seems to have seen anything like this. I doubt this is an isolated case to just two people. Any ideas would be just awesome!!!!

Thanks in advance. Pat