Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

Roaring Sonata Custom Dual Exhaust!, Custom Dual Cherry Bomb Exhaust for Sonata 4 Cyl

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Default Just added stainless steel oval resonated tips

I just added some new Oval Resonated Tips. While they are similar to the stock tips they look more like what you see on the 2009-2010 Honda Accord dual exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QUhvuYdmRQ

I really like the look and it looks really stock. The tips are good quality tips and they are stainless steel so they should last forever.

The mufflers are a different story and they were already starting to rust at the seams. The shop had to weld them at the seams near where the tubing connects to the mufflers , I took a wire brush too them and painted them with some 2000 degree Rustoleum paint hoping this will delay the inevitable as long as possible. I wish I could have stuck with the Magnaflows since they are stainless steel and I might wind up putting them back on after these Cherry Bomb Turbos Rust out...however I am considering the Dynomax turbos as replacements since I really like the way the turbos sound.

The only problem I have is that based on the pictures I have seen, the Dynomax mufflers and every other turbo muffler I have seen are not welded at every seam so they are more likely to rust out quickly. If anyone knows of a turbo muffler that is welded at every seam or is stainless steel please let me know.