Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

cracked header, you were right

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 08:50 AM
Default cracked header, you were right

ok, a while back one of the guys on here and me got into the argument about ebay headers and how they crack and yadda yadda yadda, i was defending the cheap factor, basically because i'm apoor bastard, lol, and he was defending the "what you pay for is what you get" and well,,he was right, and i was wrong. The headers i bought about a yr and half ago did crack. where they cracked was what really pissed me off. it wasn't one of the welds that put the headers together, it was were they rolled the pipe and weld it. total bull****, but i was able to reweld it and now its not leaking, but still, that was bull****. be carful when buying headers off ebay, if you dont' have a welder on hand, you're better off spending a little more money so you won't have to dick with is a yr or so from now.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: cracked header, you were right

The problem is this: "ebay headers" is not a business name. When you talk about ebay anything, it's only as good as the person who made it, and people who sell stuff through ebay come and go.

I understand not wanting to pay more than you have to, and I've bought my share of junk over the years. You have to just learn through experience (your own and that of others) when it's worth it to shell out the bucks. Personally, if it doesn't have a brand name attached to it (i.e., generic "ebay headers"), I tend to shy away.

Thanks for letting us know though.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: cracked header, you were right

Yeah, just buying stuff on eBay doesn't make it junk, it's the seller. I purchased alot of stuff on eBay but I know who the seller was. For example, I purchased a cat-back exhause on eBay from SSAutochrome and they were great. Buyer beware.