Veracruz transmission control module failure - Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Go Back  Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums > Vehicle Line Up > Hyundai Veracruz
Reload this Page >

Veracruz transmission control module failure

Hyundai Veracruz This crossover combines the functionality of a minivan in a sleek exterior with luxury qualities.

Veracruz transmission control module failure

Old 11-09-2016, 05:23 PM
Default Veracruz transmission control module failure

Hello Veracruz gurus. I bought a 2009 Veracruz in April 2015. In November 2015 the ESC, AWD, and abs lights came on and it seemed like it was stuck in first gear. I was driving 55 mph at the time. Once I got it into a parking lot, I could shift into park. I had to push the shift release button to get it into park. After that it wouldn't start at all. It turned out to be the TCM. That cost me $2000 for parts and labor. It is not covered under the power train warranty because it is mounted to the transmission. At the time of this failure I had the progressive snapshot installed. So, this past August(2016) it failed again. Nine months after new TCM was installed. The part was covered under its own 12 month warranty. I just had to pay labor. Then, October(2016) I was driving, heard a clunk and ESC light came on again. Guess what, yep it failed again. Something is making this part fail and the repair shop hasn't benn able to figure it out. 3 transmission control modules in less than 12 months. The part itself costs $1800. Has anyone out there had or heard of this issue? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. 2009 Veracruz Limited AWD 114000 miles.

Old 10-22-2018, 01:51 PM
Default Same issue

Did you ever figure it out? My car has the same issue. Got a new tcm one month ago and this happened again today.

Originally Posted by seanD View Post
Hello Veracruz gurus. I bought a 2009 Veracruz in April 2015. In November 2015 the ESC, AWD, and abs lights came on and it seemed like it was stuck in first gear. I was driving 55 mph at the time. Once I got it into a parking lot, I could shift into park. I had to push the shift release button to get it into park. After that it wouldn't start at all. It turned out to be the TCM. That cost me $2000 for parts and labor. It is not covered under the power train warranty because it is mounted to the transmission. At the time of this failure I had the progressive snapshot installed. So, this past August(2016) it failed again. Nine months after new TCM was installed. The part was covered under its own 12 month warranty. I just had to pay labor. Then, October(2016) I was driving, heard a clunk and ESC light came on again. Guess what, yep it failed again. Something is making this part fail and the repair shop hasn't benn able to figure it out. 3 transmission control modules in less than 12 months. The part itself costs $1800. Has anyone out there had or heard of this issue? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. 2009 Veracruz Limited AWD 114000 miles.
same