New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reoccurring Steering Wheel Shaking

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2022, 04:33 PM
Default Reoccurring Steering Wheel Shaking

Is anyone experiencing shaking of the steering wheel when braking the slightest when driving above 60/70 + mph?

Need to know facts - 2021 Elantra with less than 15k miles totally on vehicle. At 6k I noticed shaking, dealership replacing all rotors bc they were warped and cracked, at 8k the shaking returned- dealership replaced front brakes and rotors. At 12k I noticed the same shaking return. Nothing was ring with any brakes or rotors this time.

I like to think I am a normal, safe driver. I keep my in good shape, no accidents or anything. I rarely drive far or out of my way. But this braking issue has been a nightmare. When driving above 60/70 mph my steering wheel shakes, it in not a normal thing quite aggressive. The dealership where I purchased the car fixed the issue twice free of charge, after the third instance they told to to kick rocks, that the issue wasn’t a manufactured issue. I find it hard to believe that I have been driving for as long as I have and have three or four cars my previous one was also a Hyundai, and never had this issue.

Old 05-28-2022, 07:17 AM

Sometimes we/the dealership service dept, can be guilty of tunnel vision. Everybody seems to be blaming the brakes when there may be a problem with the steering or suspension. If replacing certain brake system parts corrects the problem for a short time , but returns, something else is going on. From the info provided could there be a problem with the parts? No one has mentioned where the vehicle is driven. Is there a condition that may be causing the brakes to overheat?
Sometimes something simple could be involved, because it is so simple it gets overlooked.