Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

2012 Hyundai Accent Instrument Panel Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2020, 11:29 PM
Default 2012 Hyundai Accent Instrument Panel Not Working

Anyone know why my instrument panel would suddenly stop working? The lights work, single light indicators work but the speedometer, tac and fuel gauge don’t work and no lights to those sections.

the vehicle drives fine and I checked the fuses nothing jumping out at me.

what could be causing this issue?

on the second starting of the car with this issue I got the code P0462 sensor

Old 06-11-2020, 11:42 AM

This will require some checking of voltage coming from the PCM to the dash , the connections there, and on down to the fuel level sensor module in the fuel tank. A poor voltage in that circuit could set off that code.
I don't know if you would want to get involved with this. A schematic diagram will most likely be required to determine the origin of the voltage and the circuit path it takes in order to check the possibilities. Even if it was something like a poor connection, the diagram is necessary to trace the path and confirm connections. If all that checks out, the module in the tank would need to be checked for problems.

Old 06-11-2020, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by hanky
This will require some checking of voltage coming from the PCM to the dash , the connections there, and on down to the fuel level sensor module in the fuel tank. A poor voltage in that circuit could set off that code.
I don't know if you would want to get involved with this. A schematic diagram will most likely be required to determine the origin of the voltage and the circuit path it takes in order to check the possibilities. Even if it was something like a poor connection, the diagram is necessary to trace the path and confirm connections. If all that checks out, the module in the tank would need to be checked for problems.
thanks for the reply! I started the car today and the problem is gone... the dash works completely as intended... we did have flood inducing rains before I tried using the car yesterday so I’m thinking it has something to do with grounding.

it was weird and I couldn’t find anyone that had had the same issue so I was hoping to find someone on here that has had the same problem so I could track down the issue.

Looks like I’ll have to wait for the next time it happens again...

Old 06-12-2020, 05:25 AM

By this time I'm sure you know how these things work. It will come back at the least opportune time for you to dig into it.
Might be a good idea to , at your convenience, gather some info on just how you might proceed to begin checking the system. AND as we also know if you plan the route you are going to take , it just doesn't come back. What's wrong with that ?

Old 01-25-2022, 03:51 PM
Default Default 2012 Hyundai Accent Instrument Panel Not Working

Well, here is your next person with the exact same problem!
2012 accent, cluster lights are out, speedometer and tach not working and got the same code P0462.
I don't have a clue where to start measuring the voltage or looking for a particular ground wire problem, other than negative battery cable.
I checked the four fuses that have something to do with the "cluster" according to owners manual and no bad fuses.
I disconnected the negative battery cable and cleaned it off, even though it looked just fine without any corrosion. Didn't help.
I'm scheduled to take it to a mechanic on Feb. 9th.
Anything else I can do that I might understand or figure our where under the hood I should be testing voltage?
Cheers John

Last edited by mcbockalds; 01-25-2022 at 03:53 PM. Reason: add title
Old 01-26-2022, 07:52 AM

Hi John,
It is easy for us who work on these problems every day to say do this or that, but the best thing you might consider would be to obtain a little background involving basic electricity. Once you know the basics , you can apply them to any problem.Can you do this?

Old 01-26-2022, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by hanky
Hi John,
It is easy for us who work on these problems every day to say do this or that, but the best thing you might consider would be to obtain a little background involving basic electricity. Once you know the basics , you can apply them to any problem.Can you do this?
I have a very basic knowledge of 12 volt battery systems on travel trailer with solar panels, golf cart batteries and an inverter. I installed the solar system on my trailer and used it for 10 years
BUT I’m not familiar with my Hyundai’s system.
For example I don’t know where the voltage regulator is that may need to be checked.
thanks for replying John

Old 01-26-2022, 05:24 PM

John , you know how to do this !!
There is no one shot fix until you find the break in the circuit.
Without a diagram which we don't always have available, we trace from the source to the indicator(s). As you know there are two things you are verifying, power and grounds.
If we are not sure of the power source we work back from the components, right? The rest I'm sure you know how to do.