Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Electrical Gremlin..

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 07:46 AM
Default Electrical Gremlin..

Hey folks, I put a double din stereo in my 2013 accent hatch a couple days ago, and I went to start the car this morning and the battery was dead.

I am on the way to get my battery checked out after work, are there any wires connected to the factory head unit that I need to be aware of that control the amplifier from the factory so I can have an idea of what's draining the battery, or do I just need to redo my harness?

Either way I can get it taken care of I just wanted to get some advice

Thanks guys

Old 03-31-2020, 05:43 PM

OK, if you installed the replacement radio system, one sure way to get to the bottom of the problem is to remove and reinstall the original system. It may be a lot of extra work, but if the problem surfaced after you installed the new system, it is either you change it back or pay some else to do it because that is what will need to be done to get to the bottom of the problem. Installing add on appliances these days creates loads of problems that never came up before vehicles had so much electronics in them. Just because it works today, is no guarantee you wont' create problems up the road. Also , many places sell items that are not necessarily compatible with today's vehicles
You bought it , you own it ,and most places will not accept return of electronic appliances once used/installed.

Old 03-31-2020, 05:45 PM

I got off work and pulled the entire aftermarket system out, check the harnesses, and everything looked awesome. I end up taking the car to AutoZone to have the battery tested and it turns out it had a bad cell. I replaced the battery and left everything on for about 15 minutes without the engine running after installing the new battery and I could not get the voltage to drop under 12.2.

in the three minutes it took me to get out of the car to get the battery checked at AutoZone it didn't want to start.

I think it was already on its way out and the added load from the new stereo just pushed it over.

I will watch it for the next few weeks and see if I come across any other symptoms.

Old 04-01-2020, 01:11 PM

Thank You for the update.
Let's hope that is all it was,