Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

Clueless! Overheated, shut-off, now dead!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2021, 01:11 AM
Default Clueless! Overheated, shut-off, now dead!

Ok, I'm desperately looking for something or someone who can maybe point me in a direction. Here's the backstory... prior to any issues addressed here the alternator was replaced, motor mount was replaced, oil changed, and 4 new tires put on the car. 07 Hyundia Elantra. She's my baby had a tiny crack in the plastic right by my radiator. Used some good ole JB WELD, thought I patched it, but I must've missed a hairline crack in the plastic. This car BARELY overheats again and I mean hadn't even really hit the red on the gage, shuts off on its own. I coast to a safe spot, let her cool, add water to get me home. Couldn't get her to start for anything. Killed the battery cranking. Tried jumping it off, charging the battery individually, replaced it all together with no luck at all. **radiator was removed completely and repaired properly. Definitely getting spark, fuel pump is working, will try to start but never fully turn over.. It's been easy 2 months and I've let the car sit out of frustration and defeat. Went back to trying to get her running the last two days with same symptoms and no luck. We've checked all belts, timing chain, plugs, starter, alternator, and battery. Could there be, or is there a sensor keeping it from starting? Maybe a safe mode so to speak to keep it from being hot? Reset something?? Any ideas at this point are better than where I am. I hate to just call it a loss. Everything else on this car is amazing. Runs like a champ and I would love to keep her on the road if I can!

Old 08-13-2021, 10:55 AM

If you have spark and fuel , all that could be missing would be possibly spark at the right time.

What I would do.,,,,, attempt to start the engine. If it will not fire up and start, remove one or two spark plugs and see if they are wet or dry.
If wet , it is getting fuel, then spark not getting to plugs.
If plugs are dry, not getting fuel to cylinders, maybe injectors are being prevented from injecting.
Which condition do you have/find?