Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

Hesitation when engine is cold....

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 01:10 PM
Default RE: Hesitation when engine is cold....

Also, if you're in the market for a car and you live in Eastern PA....please avoid the above mentioned dealer, Dickson City Hyundai, which is owned by the Rosado group...they are a bunch of sheenies that are only interested in selling the car, but not in servicing/keeping customers. Rosado also owns other dealerships in the area...among them are Wilkes-Barre Dodge, Scranton Ford, Clarks Summit Chevrolet, Brodheadsville Chevrolet, Harrisburg Hyundai, and others. Personally, I would not recommend buying a Hyundai, period, but if you are buying one in Northeast PA, do business with Motor World in Wilkes-Barre, which is a much more reputable dealership.
The Better Business Bureau has all Rosado dealerships rated with an unsatisfactory record. MotorWorld, which sells Hyundais and other brands, is a member of the BBB with a satisfactory record.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

I would advise you to put your long story into a letter and send it to Hyundai Customer Care. They might reimburse you for the repair. I've done similar things with Ford with success. Include copies of all the documentation you've got. Good luck.

I always feel bummed when I hear about bad Hyundai dealers. We're apparently pretty lucky in the Fort Worth area; I've taken my Elantra to three different dealers for maintenance, service, and warranty repairs and they've all done good work and treated me well, and I recently met a technician at a fourth dealership, so it's nice to have someone on the inside.

To me, the dealer network is the achilles heal of Hyundai. Some dealers are great and some are terrible. I think Hyundai needs to improve the dealer network to bring their name up in the world.

Old 07-31-2007, 08:55 AM

wow, you are making me not like hyundais.. lol So much for that service they try selling to the public.. they don't care about service... lol Of course, you will find that most people are like that... Everyone needs to work more with the customer AFTER THE SALE... Customer service people... lol

Old 07-31-2007, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Some dealers are really great, but some really suck. When Hyundai came into the U.S., I think, they had to take what they could get in terms of dealerships, and couldn't impose too many conditions. The result is that the dealers that were good dealers anyway are still good, but the ones that didn't want to provide the best service were allowed to give people bad service. I think they're trying to clean things up, but it's a long process.

If you have a problem with a dealer, try a different one if there is one at all close. I'm lucky in that there are several local dealers that are all pretty good.

Old 07-31-2007, 11:04 AM

yeah, i know what you mean. I really don't ever go to the dealer to get work done, i usually do it all myself... i take that back, i do all the work myself. The whole warranty thing is new to me.. lol I did have a warranty on my grand am about 3 years ago, but started having problems within 1000 miles after the warranty... lol i think they do it on purpose... lol