Hyundai Elantra Touring / i30 The compact wagon / hatchback that has as much cargo space as a Tucson in a car the size of the Elantra sedan.

Dim low beams

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2021, 08:57 AM

A lot of folks just want to have some idea how to explain ?? or seem to know what to have a shop check.
That is why many times I will ask are you going to do the work yourself or take it to a shop,,,,to hopefully reduce time and effort attempting to explain a procedure.
That is why I will suggest up to a pint and hope to hear what results they receive before wasting a lot of time with a series of steps and explanations that will not be used.

They are on just about every forum and that is just the way it is.

Old 12-08-2021, 09:17 AM

I'll add that I'm on this forum because my sister a couple states away has one of these; it's a nice enough car -- drives well and gets decent fuel economy, though it's not the trim that has the roof carrier rails (too bad). When she has a problem with it (rarely, so far), I get to do some research to save her a trip to either the local dealer or indy import shop, order up the parts, and have a go at it on my next visit. The kind of problem described here could happen to her 2010 Touring, so I don't mind taking a little time to look at possible root causes, which could be useful info (or not) in the future. --g

Old 12-08-2021, 01:53 PM

I would be reasonably sure of you having experience in the repair field , are aware of the value of regular maintenance.
However, a lot of folks believe regular maintenance consists of just oil and filter changes. So we try to expand some of their knowledge by constantly reminding them there is more to regular maintenance than oil and filter changes,,especially when done by discount quick oil change service places.
You are probably aware that that book in the glove box is there for something to read while waiting for road service.or a tow truck. So if it is of any value , I try to suggest that they go by the maintenance recommendations in that manual. There is a wealth of info in there.
The last thing to do is to take your vehicle with a problem to a shop/dealership and proceed to tell them how to fix it.
If they do as the customer directs and that doesn't correct the problem ,they blame the shop.
I have seen quite a few times when info put forth on some forums is not reliable.
Anyway, glad to have another experienced person join and help the folks that really need it, thanks.