Hyundai Elantra Touring / i30 The compact wagon / hatchback that has as much cargo space as a Tucson in a car the size of the Elantra sedan.

ESC Going off

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 01:27 PM
Banned
Default Same Experience Here

I have had the ESC light come on before. When I turn the engine off and restart it is fine. Hopefully, ESC works as it should.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:04 PM

Went to the dealer on Monday, and they changed the brake light switch. It seems like other Hyundais are having the same problems and this fixes it.

Also to keep everybody informed, they said the was an open campaign on the fuel filler door. They ordered the parts to fix this and will call me to set up an appointment to fix this.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by touring10
Went to the dealer on Monday, and they changed the brake light switch. It seems like other Hyundais are having the same problems and this fixes it.

Also to keep everybody informed, they said the was an open campaign on the fuel filler door. They ordered the parts to fix this and will call me to set up an appointment to fix this.
I just had the light come on my dash saying "ESC OFF". This drove me nuts. When I restarted the car, however, the light was unlit and the ESC button worked properly again. I think I will still take it to the dealer just in case.

Old 07-03-2011, 04:52 AM

I will be taking mine in shortly. Ironically, I have had a noise in the brake pedal from day one. Maybe it is the switch. I posted this a year ago.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:22 PM

Same thing has been happening to me this week. ESC OFF light comes on, and the button does not work. Shut the car off and back on and its fine.

I'm going on a 3000km trip in less than 2 weeks. is this simply a light not working issue or is the ESC actually turning off when it should not?

Old 07-10-2011, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator

If the ESC OFF light is on then the ESC is disabled. If the light goes out it will work. However, there is still a problem and the light can come on again. The brake light switch is usually the problem and should be fixed.

Old 07-11-2011, 02:52 PM

Is the brake light fix something that the Hyundai dealer will know about? And if so, is it typically covered under warranty?

Old 07-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

Did you read the posts above? Re-read this whole thread.

Yes it's a recall but the Touring is not listed as part of it. However, others with Tourings have had it replaced under warranty:

https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/g...e-lights-6251/

Originally Posted by touring10

Old 07-12-2011, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by NovaResource
If the ESC OFF light is on then the ESC is disabled. If the light goes out it will work. However, there is still a problem and the light can come on again. The brake light switch is usually the problem and should be fixed.
Bingo. Dealer confirmed a break circuit code in the computer, and narrowed it down to the break light switch.

Replaced under warranty.

Old 07-22-2011, 06:52 PM

Anyway, I took my car in last night.
They called me today and told me they have to replace the steering column.
I have been complaining about this since I got the car.
It initially started with a clicking sound in the brakes. The esc going off really got bad in the last month.
So, it is in the dealers shop and I will keep everyone informed.

Quick Reply: ESC Going off